08-29-09 05:46 AM
116 ... 345
tools
    *sprays heather with disinfectant* ok you are good
    08-27-09 10:44 PM
    To be fair...
    I looked up verizons unlimited premiere family talk for 5 lines...

$629.95 total...

Unlimited calling with anyone on any network in the U.S.
    Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging
    Mobile Email
    VCAST VPak
    VZ Navigator
    Unlimited Mobile Web
    Unlimited Calling to all Verizon Wireless Customers
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes
    No Domestic Long Distance Charges

I dont see blackberry on here... and I think you have to be individual for that...
    So sprint has us there... meh... anyway..
    08-27-09 10:48 PM
    VZW Unlimited Select is as follows:

One line:: $149
    Two Lines: $290
    Three Lines: $420
    Four Lines: $550
    Five Lines: $680

For five smartphone lines, with unlimited messaging, Sprint beats VZW by $220 per month - $45 per line. But Sprint also includes Nav, which would push the difference to $270 & TV, which VZW does not offer.

If you need unlimited & want to save money, go with Sprint - they aren't as bad as some think - of course, they aren't as good as some think, either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:48 PM
    Thanks Crakalacky... I almost wanted a Palm PRE!!! ACK!

08-27-09 10:49 PM
    VZW Unlimited Select is as follows:

One line:: $149
    Two Lines: $290
    Three Lines: $420
    Four Lines: $550
    Five Lines: $680

For five smartphone lines, with unlimited messaging, Sprint beats VZW by $220 per month - $45 per line. But Sprint also includes Nav, which would push the difference to $270 & TV, which VZW does not offer.

If you need unlimited & want to save money, go with Sprint - they aren't as bad as some think - of course, they aren't as good as some think, either.

What I just said... cept I copied from the websites so its acurate. BEFORE taxes... so... who knows.

Sprint is still slimy and requires purell after you touch it.
    08-27-09 10:50 PM
    The post time was in the same minute - I went a step further in adding the data plan & Nav differences &simply rounded to the nearest dollar.

Sprint pricing does crush that of AT&T & VZW. For probably 80% of the cell phone public, Sprint would do just fine for them & would save a nice chunk of change.

Around town, I find no difference between Sprint & VZW. It is when I get off the beaten track where they start to fall off rapidly.

08-27-09 10:56 PM
    Yikes! Touchy subject I guess. : )

Some folks (on this forum even!) claim that Blackberries are catered towards "business users" and I may be going out on a limb here but... I was under the impression that communication was a pretty important part of a business man/woman's life.

It doesn't seem that there is really any complaining about the prices on this thread. Just a few people sharing the opinion that a $99 unlimited plan may be a smart financial move for Verizon.
    If it's for business related calls, it would be a business expense, not a personal one.
    08-27-09 10:58 PM
    The post time was in the same minute - I went a step further in adding the data plan & Nav differences &simply rounded to the nearest dollar.

Sprint pricing does crush that of AT&T & VZW. For probably 80% of the cell phone public, Sprint would do just fine for them & would save a nice chunk of change.

Around town, I find no difference between Sprint & VZW. It is when I get off the beaten track where they start to fall off rapidly.

DOH... I didnt round to the nearest dollar!!!!
    bad bad me!

I guess because I didnt round up or down or around that would make my information ( aka the information on the carrier website ) incorrect...

sthorry...

I'll be in the corner...
    08-27-09 11:01 PM
    If it's for business related calls, it would be a business expense, not a personal one.
    Yeah but think about the small business owner, for them a business expense is a personal expense. The write-off doesn't bring that money back either, it just lowers income taxes a tiny bit.
    08-27-09 11:51 PM
    so i just got done reading all 8 pages of post, wow is all i have to say.
    i get 900min 79.99
    black berry data 29.99
    ins 5.99
    vis vm 2.99
    ring back tone .99
    taxes run about 9$
    =128.99 that is with my black berry
    when i had my boulder i had 1350 min ins ringback tone and v cast pack i paid 10 more.
    big red is big best coverage . i had at&t/ cingular for 6yrs. and have never been sorry that i went with big red.
    08-28-09 12:11 AM
    Yeah but think about the small business owner, for them a business expense is a personal expense. The write-off doesn't bring that money back either, it just lowers income taxes a tiny bit.
    If you're taking that many calls, business must be booming
    08-28-09 12:33 AM
    Being a college student im actually really going to switch to sprints everything plan asap. I go to school in miami so i mean its a big city theres service everywhere so thats really not an issue so i mean sprints definitely the way to go for me.
    08-28-09 12:41 AM
    Everyone does what the do to servive these days. Honestly an everything plan isn't for me or my bf everyone we know is m2m
    We use less than 300min between us.
    Text are the same we each have the $10 plan and use well over 2k msgs but most are m2m.
    Billing only runs about $130

08-28-09 07:55 AM
    One thing I've learned since I began frequenting this site is that I am no connoisseur of every nuance regarding RIM products. However, I've been carrying a BB for nearly a year now and I have been a Sprint customer since they bought Nextel. My wife and I have BB's and the Simply Everything plan. 2 BB's, $170/mo. + tax or something close to that. I cannot remember the last time a call dropped. Web access is great. I'm not aware of any apps being blocked. Everything I've tried to do or use worked well. Customer service sucked for a while after the companies merged. Nextel CS left large shoes to fill and Sprint was bringing up the rear on CS satisfaction. Eventually, Sprint decided to try it the Nextel Way. That made for a HUGE improvement in the quality of CS. No one complains that they can't reach me via cell. All emails push almost immediately. Heck, I've had my home phone turned off. I'm a REALTOR and I make scores of phone calls daily. I no longer have a long distance bill or a home phone bill so when you factor that savings into my monthly Sprint bill the adjusted cost for a BB simply everything plan is DIRT CHEAP and reliable. Sprint sucks? That's news to me. I live 1:45 mins south of DC and I get fantastic coverage. On a recent trip to Oklahoma I had great coverage except for one trip onto a Rez where EVERYONE has limited coverage. Sprint sucks, huh? I tried hard to find something that was not included in the word 'everything'. 411 on Sprint is $1.79 and call forwarding is $0.20 per minute. However the berry allows me to look up numbers on the net and I have no phone to forward my calls to. Call me a satisfied customer.
    08-28-09 09:25 AM
    One thing I've learned since I began frequenting this site is that I am no connoisseur of every nuance regarding RIM products. However, I've been carrying a BB for nearly a year now and I have been a Sprint customer since they bought Nextel. ............... Call me a satisfied customer.
    Nice testimonial & one that many could share.

Smart people in the business world don't badmouth their competition. Instead, they point out their own strengths & illustrate what is better. On this site, we get some folks who had Sprint & had a bad experience - often the problem was years ago, but they refuse to let go. It's much like the fallacy that VZW blocks apps - because someone once had a BREW phone that was incompatible with the Java-based software a phone their fr
    iend on Cingular had. More often, we see the same thing with Sprint. What gets to me is the vast majority of the Sprint naysayers here never had Sprint & are only regurgitating what they heard.

If I spent 95% of my time in the metro Phoenix area & only occasionally traveled to Seattle, Los Angeles, Dallas, etc., I'd be able to live with Sprint - with some assistance. There is no Sprint coverage at my home or even close by - and I am in Metro Phoenix., just a stone's throw from the Boulders Resort. In fact, no Sprint coverage until I get near the Boulders. But 99% of the people in the Phoenix area never come to this neck of the desert, so it wouldn't be a big deal for them.

Still, I can't get VZW in much of my home either. I solve the lack of cell coverage with an active cell repeater.

But I don't spend all of my time in metro areas, or even moderately populated areas. The other day & went for two meetings with utility locators (always call 811 before you dig!) about a fiber optics project we are doing. One was in a city center area. The other was "turn off I-10 at MM86 at the opening in the ROW fence, then proceed 21 miles (through desert - I carry two spare tires on my trucks) to the EPNG ROW road, then continue west 11 miles to pump station XXXX, then turn north 2600 feet to area premarked with white stakechasers." No Sprint. No T-Mobile. No AT&T. But I had four bars with VZW. I also go camping a lot, including frequent trips to Camp Geronimo, a Boy Scout campground north of Payson, AZ & Hawley Lake, not too far away from Show Low, AZ. At Geronimo, forget anything other than VZW. At Hawley, you can get AT&T in spots, VZW everywhere & no T-Mobile or Sprint.

On a recent trip up through the Pacific Northwest into Canada, if I only had Sprint, I'd have been without coverage for more than 50% of the time - mostly because we stayed off the beaten paths - and that was with mobile repeaters in most of the RVs in our caravan.

Sprint is a very good choice & a terrific value - unless you frequently like to go places you would think should be off the grid. If you go to those kinds of places a lot, you might be better served with VZW or at least AT&T.

And, even if you go to the remote spots once a year, you have to think of two things - one is can you live without a phone for a few days? The other is whether it is worth the huge premium to have that phone for a week.

There are happy customers on all carriers - not all or even most of them are stupid. They judge their satisfaction on whether or not their chosen carrier provides them what they need, at a price they are willing to pay.

08-28-09 10:45 AM
    I love VZW's Nationwide Email/Messaging/900 Minutes/Unlimited BB Data Plan. Only $119!

08-29-09 05:46 AM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD