08-29-09 06:46 AM
116 ... 2345
tools
    how can u be brain washed into paying a company for a service???? Religion, I understand (actually no I dont but thats besides the point), but a carrier.... please!!!

Why are there so many carrier wars??? Are people trying to be special???
    You answered your own question.
    Brainwashed into thinking Verizon is the best even though there are other carriers. If you have tried other specific carriers and had bad luck, I take your advice. But, if you are just going by what you have heard, or read, then your opinion means nothing because you have no experiance with Sprint, etc
    08-27-09 06:33 PM
    that clause is for excessive amounts. if you are on youtube 24/7/365 then you will be using 10-15 gigs per month, bogging down the network. and as for not allowed to use pandora, why would they push slacker straight to phones now?
    Server-style, actually - tether it up & serve all those things. The more recent customer agreements are much better at separating the two types out.

Native smartphone usage is completely unlimited. AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile all still hold the blanket 5GB limit, last I looked.

Good rant, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 06:43 PM
    Know why Verizons prices are so high? Those expensive commercials they have.
    Whoa there, Hoss - AT&T's advertising budget is higher that VZW's, both in actual dollars & percentage of revenue. Sprint's advertising budget, relative to revenue, is almost double that of VZW's.

While I don't work for any carrier & have current service on all four major carriers, I cannot be considered a brainwashed VZW drone. But I can recommend that you take your own advice & know yoiur facts first.

And, to your Hawg analogy, VZW does not run on two cylinders. Real American power comes from eight.

08-27-09 06:53 PM
    For the last time, data usage on the phone itself is unlimited. No 5GB limit.

08-27-09 07:10 PM
    that wont be the last time
    08-27-09 07:13 PM
    For the last time, data usage on the phone itself is unlimited. No 5GB limit.
    Um, can I do torrent files, too?

08-27-09 07:35 PM
    Whoa there, Hoss - AT&T's advertising budget is higher that VZW's, both in actual dollars & percentage of revenue. Sprint's advertising budget, relative to revenue, is almost double that of VZW's.

While I don't work for any carrier & have current service on all four major carriers, I cannot be considered a brainwashed VZW drone. But I can recommend that you take your own advice & know yoiur facts first.

And, to your Hawg analogy, VZW does not run on two cylinders. Real American power comes from eight.

So how do you know what their budgets are? Do you have statistics? Where are your facts? Seeing that you have service on all four carriers, I assume that includes Sprint?
    Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.
    Last edited by brihvac; 08-27-09 at 08:50 PM.
    08-27-09 08:47 PM
    no, all I am saying is that $99 everything plans can spark higher revenue from big red as well. People think that just because it sounds like under $100 that it is cheap and it is not! I would call it a " mutually good deal" rather than just a cheap give away. If more customers upgraded to a $99 everything plan, I'm willing to bet it would be a revenue boost, not to mention that more people would actually use their navigator
    I totally agree. Whether real or not the perception of value will be there with a $99 unlimited plan and people will sign up, especially those with the 900 minute plan. I know I would.

Seriously though, how can anyone defend a $150+ cell phone bill? That's a bloated price no matter how good the service is. Would you defend the practice of charging astronomically high rates for overage minutes when in fact there is no refund for unused minutes? Just a thought.
    08-27-09 09:06 PM
    I totally agree. Whether real or not the perception of value will be there with a $99 unlimited plan and people will sign up, especially those with the 900 minute plan. I know I would.

Seriously though, how can anyone defend a $150+ cell phone bill? That's a bloated price no matter how good the service is. Would you defend the practice of charging astronomically high rates for overage minutes when in fact there is no refund for unused minutes? Just a thought.
    agreed.

and at the very least.....

it isn't a black or white issue! Even if you think its worth it...
    08-27-09 09:54 PM

How do you defend talking on the phone so much that it warrants an unlimited plan? Don't be such a chatterbox and watch your bills drop!

08-27-09 10:12 PM
    Hmm... And people wonder why reps start being rude on this forum....
    08-27-09 10:19 PM
    So how do you know what their budgets are? Do you have statistics? Where are your facts? Seeing that you have service on all four carriers, I assume that includes Sprint?
    Do you ever watch TV or listen to the radio? Who sponsors American Idol, The Masters, etc..

Just watch 1 hour of TV or flip through a magazine and see how many times you see AT&T
    08-27-09 10:22 PM
    How do you defend talking on the phone so much that it warrants an unlimited plan? Don't be such a chatterbox and watch your bills drop!

are u being serious with a comment like that??? It isn't even directed toward me and "I" have to question the intelligence behind that one!
    08-27-09 10:22 PM
    The figures are available in public annual reports, as well as through WSJ, Forbes, etc.

I have stock in many carriers - and I subscribe to & read the above publications & more. Plus, if you've followed my history here, as this name & TwinsX2Dad, you would know I am a preferred status contractor for many of the telcos. Think high-tech version of Team Fishel. Is you know who they are, you might get a grasp of what I do & why. If you don't know who they are, look them up.

My company does construction of fiber optics facilities, towers, switch maintenance/installs/repair & electronics testing & quality control - the latter is why I have working lines on all the major carriers, including Sprint.

Sprint's NASCAR sponsorship is incredibly expensive for them, but it endears the company to the racing masses. Problem is, the folks with the $1.5million Newell & Prevost RVs in the infield don't pay attention to that - they know Sprint has to roll out temp facilities at certain tracks, because they don't have the capacity or sometimes the local presence to service their own customers. The folks with money go with VZW or AT&T - names they know & trust.

Sprint is in such trouble they have outsourced their entire network to Sony-Ericsson. But hey - I get free infield passes for my RV to a large number of races each year.

So do a little stock market research - you can find the advertising budgets. They are not secret.

08-27-09 10:40 PM
    are u being serious with a comment like that??? It isn't even directed toward me and "I" have to question the intelligence behind that one!
    I'm serious. If you feel your plan is too high, lower your usage, so that you can lower the bill. Don't complain about paying for the highest possible plan because your phone is stuck to your ear 24/7. When you're using ten minutes a month and want to complain about paying $40 a month, then I'll take you seriously.
    08-27-09 10:47 PM
    I'm serious. If you feel your plan is too high, lower your usage, so that you can lower the bill. Don't complain about paying for the highest possible plan because your phone is stuck to your ear 24/7. When you're using ten minutes a month and want to complain about paying $40 a month, then I'll take you seriously.
    Outstanding & true.

I talk too much - my phones are always ringing - yet I would have a need for an unlimited plan - even if I had just one phone.

2000 minutes is a hair over 33 hours. 1000 is almost 17 hours. Add in the free mobile to mobile & night/weekends & you might start to understand how ludicrous these numbers are.

Maximum number of peak hours in a month is about 320. To use 33 hours of talk time, you would need to be on the phone for more than 10% of peak hours.

If half your calls are M2M, double that. With those kinds of minutes, you'd also have F&F - you're now on the phone even more.

Get off the phone & go see them instead. Or read, go to a museum, park, camping, hiking. Leave the stupid electronic leash at home & get a life worth living, instead of a waffle-cheek.

Last edited by AZX2; 08-27-09 at 11:05 PM.
    08-27-09 11:03 PM

Yikes! Touchy subject I guess. : )

Some folks (on this forum even!) claim that Blackberries are catered towards "business users" and I may be going out on a limb here but... I was under the impression that communication was a pretty important part of a business man/woman's life.

It doesn't seem that there is really any complaining about the prices on this thread. Just a few people sharing the opinion that a $99 unlimited plan may be a smart financial move for Verizon.
    08-27-09 11:04 PM
    I used 4 peak minutes last month lmao
    08-27-09 11:06 PM
    Has anyone considered that the sprint everything plan is $99 per line or some such... I think there's a slightly reduced rate per line as it goes down. Where does that get cheap? Or are just talking individual lines here.
    Let me look it up quick to be sure...
    Wouldn't want to give wrong information.... 8(

08-27-09 11:27 PM
    from what I remember its $5 cheaper per line you add... .could be wrong tho.... (100 for first, 95 for second, 90 for 3rd and so on...) could be wrong too
    08-27-09 11:29 PM
    from what I remember its $5 cheaper per line you add... .could be wrong tho.... (100 for first, 95 for second, 90 for 3rd and so on...) could be wrong too
    One=$99
    Two=$190
    Lines three through five are $90 each
    08-27-09 11:37 PM
    I used 4 peak minutes last month lmao
    I used about 20. Only about 300 text too.

08-27-09 11:39 PM
    One=$99
    Two=$190
    Lines three through five are $90 each
    knew it was cheaper, thanks for clarifying
    08-27-09 11:39 PM
    Okay; to clarify... according to the sprint website:
    The everything plan for up to 3 lines is $189.98
    then every line after that is 89.99...

so say you have 5 lines... regardless of whether they are smartphones... thats running about $459.95
    That honestly doesnt sound cheap...
    and that includes...
    Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

hmm... still not worth it.

oh sorry so that you KNOW that this is the correct information here is the website...
    I dont want to be accused of giving incorrect information...

Sprint - Define Region
    08-27-09 11:40 PM
    eeeeeeeewww... I smell like sprint now! ew ew ew....
    08-27-09 11:43 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD