Verizons given in on the wife thing so I guessall that beating revived that dead horse of yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you mean WiFi...and i don't want that beatin' horse. ew.

vz doesnt have an everything plan. paying for all features separately does not constitute "an everything plan."

but in the end, there's nothing to be baffled about. If every question or discussion was such, then we might as well have a forum with no discussion....
    verizon does have an everything plan...you pick everything you want and you get it!!!
    08-27-09 10:08 AM
    True theres just no special price or offer
    08-27-09 10:14 AM
    haha yea i know, but again you are paying for GREAT service!!
    08-27-09 10:18 AM
    because someone thought it would be nice if VZ had a simply everything plan?

wow, u baffle easily Amber
    Vzw does have a simply everything plan...it just costs more. You get what you pay for, I cannot say that enough.

08-27-09 10:20 AM
    what can we say.. when we rock... we rock...
    08-27-09 11:42 AM
    what can we say.. when we rock... we rock...
    All day... and all night
    08-27-09 11:45 AM
    in the bedroom...

duh duh duhduh duh duh duh!
    08-27-09 11:49 AM
    LOl thats my song!
    08-27-09 11:58 AM
    I just wish they had some sort of Family plan for data. On sprint I could put all 5 of my lines on BB with 1,600 minutes and 6pm nights and weekends for $189.00., with VZW my bill would be over $300.00

08-27-09 01:34 PM
    theres nothing wrong with questioning the expense. Any smart consumor would do that. I cant understand the motivation of those customers so happy to pay more and then defend it whenever possible!

The op question was about simply everything... and yes, it would be nice if there was a simply everything type of discount deal. Be it $99 or $119, whatevers clever! Discounts for getting the max service plans is usually the norm in business practices...
    08-27-09 01:41 PM
    Apparently not...
    08-27-09 01:52 PM
    yeah... we're not normal...

normals boring...
    08-27-09 02:21 PM
    Sprint charges low end prices. They also have low end service and lose a TON of money every quarter.

08-27-09 02:35 PM
    Exactly. Its seems like VZW prices are higher and therfore they make money... But they still have a ton of customer's. Imagine if VZW got the iphone and dropped their prices.
    08-27-09 02:39 PM
    verizon limits so much
    But then Verizon charges an arm and a leg and then blocks most of your apps so they are useless.....:
    I love hit & eun posters who don't elaborate & who don't provide examples. Oh wait, you can't provide any examples? Thanks for posting - have a really great day. Or not.
    That's nice, but what apps are blocked? AT&T is the king of blocked apps.
    The king, the queen, the prince & the pauper, too.
    them's fighting words! get the popcorn!
    Make mine with real butter, please.
    The SE plan does not include tethering.
    No, it doesn't - but try getting half the Sprint users to believe that - no one reads their contracts, you know.
    But they did block features, even years back when Verizon was the only one that blocked MP3s, ringtons, wallpapers, bluetoothfile transfers, etc... while all the other carriers allowed them for free.
    it wasn't so much a "block" as it was an OS limitation on dumbphones - no need for an agrument/debate though, as we're mostly talking semantics.
    If sprint offers company discounts like Verizon, I'm out of here in January...
    Thanks for posting - have a really great day. Or not.
    no offense, but you say that, as a Tmobile user? I had TMO for my work phone, hardly ever got a signal when i travelled. If Sprint sucks, TMO must swallow.
    Hey - them thar's fighting words. Get me some more popcorn!
    hey, $99 everything plan is not cheap! If its a popular plan, that means that most customers have that plan. That comes out to up to $115 with taxes depending on location. There's a great incentive to get people to subscribe to this plan where as with verizon, people try to stick with smaller plans with less minutes tat is under $100
    Maybe & maybe not. While I agree many might "up" their Sprint plan to hit that unlimited plateau, not all do. Then you have to think about all the VZW customers who would then downgrade from higher price plans

What might shed more light on the matter would be to see what the average smartphone customer bill is.
    I think people see "unlimited" and think they're getting more. But honestly, unless you're actually using that much, there's no point.
    Very true - and you often see two different types of customers - those who will check minutes everyday to make sure they don't go over & those who overspend because they don't want to worry about overages or they are unaware of their actual usage.
    regardless of how u feel about wifi not included, the topic at hand is about feature blocking, which verizon has been the kingpin of this pratice in their past.
    How does a carrier block a feature a phone doesn't have? Samsung CDMA chips (Samsung/HTC) have WiFi. Qualcomm chips (RIM) do not.

So VZW blocked the WiFi feature that RIM doesn't have, yet allowed the feature that HTC & Samsung offer?

Interesting assertion - but one you've made possibly a thousand times before.

But you are correct - your assertion is easily refuted.
    And Verizon still has the most customers, the highest customer loyalty and the highest customer satisfaction ratings versus any other cellco.

They must be doing something right.
    That is correct - why would they want to rrmake themselves into yet another rendition of the ailing Sprint?
    I was pretty sure the topic at hand was "everything plan, com'on"
    Not more rants about not having wifi and gps that we have already read page after page posted by you
    Agreed - after all, that Sprint BlackBerry Tour on the Everything plan still doesn't include WiFi.
    were u waiting for it? lol. anyway, before this gets closed, lets shake and be done with it.
    Neither of you wet dogs are allowed to shake in the house!
    People really should not compare Verizon to Sprint.
    It's like comparing BMW to Kia.
    As for WiFi…have we not discussed that enough?! If you want it that badly why don’t you go to ATT or TMO! Jeez please stop beating the dead horse!
    Or get HTC or Samsung.
    Sprint charges low end prices. They also have low end service and lose a TON of money every quarter.
    Some folks just can't see the obvious, Darth.

08-27-09 03:30 PM
    Unlimited everything on BlackBerry is $149.99.
    No it is not unlimited.

You are not allowed to visit some sites, like youtube. You are not allow to use Pandora. You are to allowed to transfer documents.

That is like you sold a car to someone and say "it is all yours, but you can not go into California or Florida... or Alaska. Besides that you are great, oh yea did I mention Washington DC, but besides that you are good.

Now you can break your agreement, but verizon will just charge you if the catch you.

The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
    08-27-09 04:01 PM
    I use pandora and watch youtube just fine???
    *scratches her head*

08-27-09 04:11 PM
    No it is not unlimited.

You are not allowed to visit some sites, like youtube. You are not allow to use Pandora. You are to allowed to transfer documents. .
    It is unlimited - VZW has even pushed Slacker to BlackBerrys & YouTube is definitely viewable.

Try viewing the most recent document:

Customer Agreement
    Last edited by AZX2; 08-27-09 at 04:35 PM.
    08-27-09 04:14 PM
    Originally Posted by Verizon terms of service
    The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
    I think this more pertains to sites like Hulu...being the youtube is offered in a mobile version...Pandora was always offered as part of the mobile option so that would be counted as unlimited...
    What I'm getting is:
    A) I can't tether
    B) I can't play online games or watch netflix or hulu
    C) I can't video blog
    D) I can't use it solely as a constant data connection

I could be wrong but thats what I get out of it
    08-27-09 04:15 PM
    azx2,

wifi wasn't blocked, it was omited. For whatever reasons, that was not my overall point. GPS was blocked flat out right. MP3 songs, pics for backgrounds, bluetooth file transfer, ringtones were all blocked flat out. Yes I think they were more for dumbphones more than anything (accept for GPS), but the overall point is that verizon is the last to let loose on the features while other carriers let their customers enjoy them at will long before VZ gets its arm bent backward.

Everyone agaisnt this point stays silent on everything else BUT the wifi part!

As I said, the wifi was a very small part with a lot of debate back and forth! Everyone else try to look at the big picture and not pull from my statements as you will
    08-27-09 04:17 PM
    that clause is for excessive amounts. if you are on youtube 24/7/365 then you will be using 10-15 gigs per month, bogging down the network. and as for not allowed to use pandora, why would they push slacker straight to phones now?

This is what the problem is. people posting in vzw like they are employees and giving horribly bad information, which negatively impacts Vzw's image. then people post sh!t on planet feedback saying all vzw emps posting here are a$$es and everything gets blown out of proportion. argh!

/end rant
    08-27-09 04:18 PM
    I'm baffled because someone joined the Verizon network knowing what they were going to be paying/paying for and then want to make a post about how they should have an everything plan. Well verzion does have an everything plan it's just not $99 nor will it ever be!!
    Know your facts first.
    I have not decided on who im getting a BB from. I am with Verizon now, with a regular plan, and drop calls on a regular basis. So, Verizon has not been too good of a provider for me. I plan on moving and hope it will get better. $99 compared to $160, $170+ is a big difference for me. Verizon also charges for GPS. I dont know anything about BB, thats why I have been shopping and figuring out who Im gonna go with. Know why Verizons prices are so high? Those expensive commercials they have.

Verizon reminds me of Harley Davidson (which I have one) They are very similar
    Both sell you something stripped down for a high price.
    They have everthing for it but it cost extra.
    They both live on their name.
    Customers are brainwashed into thinking they are the best because everyone else says they are, so they must be.
    If you say anything negative about them, people gang up on you.
    People buy one just to be like everyone else.
    People buy a Harley to be part of a family
    People have Verizon to be part of the network
    Last edited by brihvac; 08-27-09 at 05:17 PM.
    08-27-09 05:04 PM
    how can u be brain washed into paying a company for a service???? Religion, I understand (actually no I dont but thats besides the point), but a carrier.... please!!!

Why are there so many carrier wars??? Are people trying to be special???
    08-27-09 05:24 PM
    And VZW did NOT block Wi-Fi..

That was not available on CDMA BB's (Sprint included) until the next wave of BB's. Period.

08-27-09 05:30 PM
    This thread seems to be getting out of hand and, as far as I can tell, no reps seem to be too involved in it getting that way....YAY reps! haha
    08-27-09 05:32 PM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD