08-29-09 05:46 AM
116 1234 ...
tools
    The SE plan does not include tethering.
    08-26-09 11:34 PM
    as for blocking, I have to say that we are entering a time where the blocking with current tech has begun to slow down and stop. But they did block features, even years back when Verizon was the only one that blocked MP3s, ringtons, wallpapers, bluetoothfile transfers, etc... while all the other carriers allowed them for free. So while we never know what future features will end up blocked, the good thing is that current tech is beginning to open up the way it should of from the start.

Most recently, the latest CDMA blackberries have been coming with both aGPS and autonomous GPS but lets not pretend that VZ did not block GPS while all the other carrirs did not. Now... Wifi is the last step. Although it was never blocked, it was omitted with many having good reason to believe it was for malitious purposes considering it is a feature that is not chargable by VZ themselves. Regardless of the politics behind that, all the other issues with that combined are in verizons history. So while things are changing for the better, I think people are still of the mindset that verizon blocks everything!

See what reputation does....
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-26-09 at 11:50 PM.
    08-26-09 11:46 PM
    If sprint offers company discounts like Verizon, I'm out of here in January...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 11:50 PM
    every carrier does.... it all dpends on whether ur company has an agreement with them. My employer has discounts with all 4 carriers
    08-26-09 11:56 PM
    Sprint offers that cheap plan cause they know they suck and they are trying to make up for it by being cheaper... but at the end of the day, they still SUCK
    no offense, but you say that, as a Tmobile user? I had TMO for my work phone, hardly ever got a signal when i travelled. If Sprint sucks, TMO must swallow.
    08-26-09 11:56 PM
    hey, $99 everything plan is not cheap! If its a popular plan, that means that most customers have that plan. That comes out to up to $115 with taxes depending on location. There's a great incentive to get people to subscribe to this plan where as with verizon, people try to stick with smaller plans with less minutes tat is under $100

So dont think that a $99 everything is dirt cheap! Verizon can learn a thing or 2 from Sprint and make even more money than they do know.

I wonder how many people use VZ navigator and pay $9.99. With a simply everything style plan, I promise u that there will be a **** of a lot more users and a lotmore upgrades that can make VZ much more money, and even take awy some sprint customers in the process
    08-27-09 12:01 AM
    Most people don't need unlimited minutes, do you have friends and family?
    I think people see "unlimited" and think they're getting more. But honestly, unless you're actually using that much, there's no point. Our unlimited plan is priced in line with the 2000 minute plan. So the question to ask yourself is "Do I use 2000 peak minutes a month?" "Does my usage fluctuate that much?" In my experience, only small-business owners have that much trouble, and they're on the unlimited plans anyway. Especially with Friends and Family, there's much easier ways to prevent overage.

A common example is texting. I often get people asking for "unlimited text messaging" when they use maybe 50 a month. That's barely enough to warrant the $5 250 message plan. It's one thing if you're a teen sending 30k texts a month, but you generally don't have to worry about "going over" if you're not using your allotment in the first place.
    08-27-09 12:08 AM
    as for blocking, I have to say that we are entering a time where the blocking with current tech has begun to slow down and stop. But they did block features, even years back when Verizon was the only one that blocked MP3s, ringtons, wallpapers, bluetoothfile transfers, etc... while all the other carriers allowed them for free. So while we never know what future features will end up blocked, the good thing is that current tech is beginning to open up the way it should of from the start.

Most recently, the latest CDMA blackberries have been coming with both aGPS and autonomous GPS but lets not pretend that VZ did not block GPS while all the other carrirs did not. Now... Wifi is the last step. Although it was never blocked, it was omitted with many having good reason to believe it was for malitious purposes considering it is a feature that is not chargable by VZ themselves. Regardless of the politics behind that, all the other issues with that combined are in verizons history. So while things are changing for the better, I think people are still of the mindset that verizon blocks everything!

See what reputation does....
    I beg to differ, Wi-fi is pretty much a staple on the more advanced Windows Mobile phones. If it's that important, you'd think someone would go with that over RIM. I love my Tour, but BlackBerry is not the only phone.
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 08-27-09 at 12:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-27-09 12:19 AM
    regardless of how u feel about wifi not included, the topic at hand is about feature blocking, which verizon has been the kingpin of this pratice in their past. Thats refutable
    08-27-09 12:25 AM
    regardless of how u feel about wifi not included, the topic at hand is about feature blocking, which verizon has been the kingpin of this pratice in their past. Thats refutable
    And Wi-Fi was brought up as one. If we're going to talk about apples, why bring up bananas?
    08-27-09 12:28 AM
    And Verizon still has the most customers, the highest customer loyalty and the highest customer satisfaction ratings versus any other cellco.

They must be doing something right.
    08-27-09 12:29 AM
    So dont think that a $99 everything is dirt cheap! Verizon can learn a thing or 2 from Sprint and make even more money than they do know.
    So a company that has the lowest churn and the most customers should learn from a company with reported terrible customer service, high churn, and about to go under?
    08-27-09 02:14 AM
    no, all I am saying is that $99 everything plans can spark higher revenue from big red as well. People think that just because it sounds like under $100 that it is cheap and it is not! I would call it a " mutually good deal" rather than just a cheap give away. If more customers upgraded to a $99 everything plan, I'm willing to bet it would be a revenue boost, not to mention that more people would actually use their navigator
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-27-09 at 06:33 AM.
    08-27-09 06:30 AM
    I was pretty sure the topic at hand was "everything plan, com'on"
    Not more rants about not having wifi and gps that we have already read page after page posted by you
    08-27-09 08:19 AM
    I was pretty sure the topic at hand was "everything plan, com'on"
    Not more rants about not having wifi and gps that we have already read page after page posted by you
    LMAO ... I think you mistakened me for someone who actually cares about that statement
    08-27-09 08:31 AM
    You must care cuz you wasted time to post about it...
    08-27-09 08:36 AM
    You must care cuz you wasted time to post about it...
    were u waiting for it? lol. anyway, before this gets closed, lets shake and be done with it.
    08-27-09 08:39 AM
    When I first came to Verizon I paid $162.00 a month. That was for only ONE phone with unlimited everything and I mean almost everything. I paid that price because they HAVE the BEST service! Once they came out with the 'family and friends' promotion I jumped on that fast! That put my bill at $127.00 and I get a discount with my job so it comes out to about $107.00 and that is fine with me.

I needed the unlimited minutes and unlimited text. I paid and didn't complain about it either. I made the choice and I stuck with it because that was what I needed.

People really should not compare Verizon to Sprint. Sprint has to have lower plans and “better” deals for the soul fact that you are paying for “okay” service. Verizon will always have higher plans because they offer the best service all around! I don’t understand why anyone would want to come to Verizon and complain about there plans being so costly and ask for a simply everything plan for so much cheaper when we get the best service.

This whole thread has baffled me.

As for WiFi…have we not discussed that enough?! If you want it that badly why don’t you go to ATT or TMO! Jeez please stop beating the dead horse!
    08-27-09 08:40 AM
    This whole thread has baffled me.

because someone thought it would be nice if VZ had a simply everything plan?

wow, u baffle easily Amber
    08-27-09 08:45 AM

As for WiFi…have we not discussed that enough?! If you want it that badly why don’t you go to ATT or TMO! Jeez please stop beating the dead horse!
    Agreed
    10 char
    08-27-09 08:52 AM
    because someone thought it would be nice if VZ had a simply everything plan?

wow, u baffle easily Amber
    I'm baffled because someone joined the Verizon network knowing what they were going to be paying/paying for and then want to make a post about how they should have an everything plan. Well verzion does have an everything plan it's just not $99 nor will it ever be!!
    08-27-09 08:56 AM
    Verizons given in on the wife thing so I guessall that beating revived that dead horse of yours.

08-27-09 09:16 AM
    I'm baffled because someone joined the Verizon network knowing what they were going to be paying/paying for and then want to make a post about how they should have an everything plan. Well verzion does have an everything plan it's just not $99 nor will it ever be!!
    vz doesnt have an everything plan. paying for all features separately does not constitute "an everything plan."

but in the end, there's nothing to be baffled about. If every question or discussion was such, then we might as well have a forum with no discussion....
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-27-09 at 09:39 AM.
    08-27-09 09:24 AM
    Most of those sprint unlimited plans clearly state in the fine print that yethering is not included

08-27-09 09:43 AM
    Same with tethering lololol
    08-27-09 09:44 AM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD