Every voice mail I get results in a text message also being sent. I have looked and I cannot find a way to stop this annoying "feature." This is for my BIS 8330 on VZW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-06-08 08:09 PM
    This is how the notification works. There's no way to turn it off. They don't count as txt messages against your plan though.
    12-06-08 08:56 PM
    Is your call logging set to off? Hit green call button>hit menu>call logging and set to none if it's not already. I have heard other people who get the same notification though...
    12-06-08 09:00 PM
    Is there any way to filter these out?

Thoroughly annoying! They don't even include useful information like caller's phone# and message duration; just the same verbose canned text.
    Just turn on my phone's VM indicator...

Every voice mail I get results in a text message also being sent. I have looked and I cannot find a way to stop this annoying "feature." This is for my BIS 8330 on VZW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    12-09-08 12:01 AM
    Is your call logging set to off? Hit green call button>hit menu>call logging and set to none if it's not already. I have heard other people who get the same notification though...
    You would think that this would disable it but I tried it already and I still get the SMS. Just something to deal with. It was annoying at first but it's not so bad now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 04:47 AM

Thoroughly annoying! They don't even include useful information like caller's phone# and message duration; just the same verbose canned text.
    I have looked and, unfortunately, there seems to be nothing we can do. The VZW tech support people say I need to call RIM. RIM doesn't seem interested in hearing from me.

Personally, I would like this to stop. I only need to have the phone ring and then the VM indicator light up. Or maybe the LED flashing. A text message is beyond overkill - it's just plain annoying.
    12-09-08 10:44 PM
    This is how every single Blackberry in the world works with Voicemail notification.
    12-10-08 02:03 AM
    This is how every single Blackberry in the world works with Voicemail notification.
    Thanks for pointing that out. My experience to date has been with BES, and my BES berry doesn't do this. I wish my BIS berry would behave similarly.
    12-10-08 08:28 PM

Actually it does include the callers phone number. When the message is displayed, at the top of the screen in the sender's name - "Voice Mail" - and in parenthesis is the callers number (or name, if they are in your address book). Scrolling up to this line and pressing the Blackberry button will give you the option to call, SMS or MMS the caller. If the caller is in your address book, you can even Email them (if you have defined an email address for the caller), and "Show Address" (which displays the number the caller called from).
    12-11-08 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD