I have a family share plan. Me, my wife, her father, and his 2 teens are on my plan. I added them in May as a gesture to help them financially. Now there is a big falling out. My wife will have nothing to do with her father or half-siblings and wants me to cancel their lines. 2 of the lines were added getting enV 2's and one used an existing phone. Is there anyway to cancel their lines without having to pay the ETF?

This is just a question as I am not a scammer trying to stick it to Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 09:42 PM
    Yes, you can transfer their lines to their name if they accept and not pay an ETF. Other than that, no.
    12-06-09 09:50 PM
    exactly. If they want to do an assumption of liability (AOL) and take those lines off the account, then you won't get stuck with the ETF. AOL requires credit checks on the person that will assume the lines, if they don't qualify on their own credit, a deposit will be required. Just call in to CS to get more info on AOL'ing the lines. Other than that, if you cancel you pay the ETFs.
    12-06-09 10:00 PM
    Is only the two lines that got a phone under contract? And the ETF is 175 then drops 5 a month?

12-06-09 10:01 PM
    yes to the $5/month drop in etf. As to if the line that you added with their own phone and not purchased, u better check cause sometimes they may have put ya in a contract...
    12-06-09 10:08 PM
    They shouldn't have tho right? Cause the upgrade has been eligible from day one on that line.

12-06-09 10:11 PM
    You can still disable the in-laws phones so they can't use them. That way they can't use them. If they want to then get them going you can bargain with them to release the phones to put in their own accounts. You can then also cut back the features for those three phones back to the $9.99 each per month fee. You can also reduce your minutes. I believe that the Env3 doesn't require a data plan so you can get rid of that on them if they are currently on them.
    12-06-09 10:13 PM
    they shouldn't have but those wascally wabbits can do anything, specially at retail stores. lol. If it's been eligible there shouldn't be any etf. Better to be safe then sorry, call in & check.
    12-06-09 10:14 PM
    Well all of their phones are blocked to anything that will charge extra. So no need to cut back the extras. I don't really want to be a **** about everything. Its an issue between my wife/ her sister against their dad and his family.

12-06-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD