Ok so when I signed my contract the early termination fee says 175.00 n Verizon recently changed the etf to 350.00 for smartphones. So when I call n they tell me I will be charged the 350 per phone if I want to cancel my contract isn't that in itself a breech of contract being that the paper I signed doesn't say anything about a 350 dollar etf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 05:31 PM
    Did they tell you that it will be $350? Or are you just getting riled up to fight something that isn't going to happen?

You EFT will be in accordance with the terms of the latest contract into which you entered with Verizon.
    06-22-10 05:55 PM
    I believe it was November 15 of last year that the change went into affect. So if you signed after that then your ETF will be $350. If before that date, then it will be $175.

When you signed your contract are you sure you read all the fine print correct? Because I'm sure it said $175, but I'm also sure it said $350 for smartphones. The $175 ETF is still the same for all other phones.

06-22-10 06:13 PM
    I canceled back in January and my contract said 175 but they charged me 350. I hastily fight it and finally upon showing my original contract and the fine print, they refunded the monies.

06-22-10 11:09 PM
    I canceled back in January and my contract said 175 but they charged me 350. I hastily fight it and finally upon showing my original contract and the fine print, they refunded the monies.

Thank you that's the info I was after.

06-22-10 11:26 PM
    Thank you that's the info I was after.

Don't worry, they will definitley credit your ETF if it is incorrect. Because they will be able to see the contact you accepted and go from there.
    06-23-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD