About 3 days into my billing cycle I call 611 to cancel my data card. My duties at work changed and I no longer needed it. The CSR told me it would be canceled at the end of my billing cycle. At that time I had a zero balance on my account. Couple days later I logged into MyVerison and seen the account had a $25.00 credit. Have no clue why, and I never got around to calling and asking. Anyway fast forward to today (about 3 months later) I have yet to be charged me ETF. I only had the air card for about 3 months, so I should have got a bill for around $160. I can no longer view the myverison account as it was a 6th line so it had its own account.

Anyway how long does it take them to bill your ETF? I would have thought that they would have sent me a paper bill, or tacked it on to my bill for the other 5 lines but they did not. Could the CSR I spoke to somehow put on my account not to bill it? I don't mind paying because I broke the contract, but was just wondering if it takes them a while to bill it, or I just lucked out. This is the 1st EFT I have ever had to pay with VZW as we have had them for about 9 years now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 08:13 AM
    I believe it is the standard one to two billing cycles. If you don't see it next month, I'd say you're probably home free.

09-23-09 08:19 AM
    Sounds like the service was suspended instead of disconnected.

09-23-09 08:43 AM
    If it was suspended, would I not still have access to myverizon? Or does VZW wipe out all the info on myverizon when they suspend account

09-23-09 10:15 AM
    You would "probably" still have access to myverizon if your account was suspended less likely to be able to still log into it if your account was cancelled.
    09-23-09 10:28 AM
    We can set to waive ETF's at the time you cancel, but if not it usually gets charged fairly quickly. Suspension wouldn't be the case since your MyVerizon account is no longer there.

Maybe a good billing error this time?
    09-23-09 11:15 AM
    Damn I got the bill today in the mail. O well.

10-02-09 04:22 PM