When the Storm 2 came out the bf added 2 numbers to his contract to take advantage of the BOGO.

The Verizon rep was really nice and changed the numbers, the bf's Storm2 now had his original number (that was on his Storm1) and she moved the BOGO Storm2 to my original number which is on a separate account. I know confusing.

So we both have Storm 1 that are not being used. The Storm1's have the new lines added to the account. My question is, when you ETF, is it the number that is cancelled? That is what I would assume ... but you know what happens what you assume.
    01-05-10 10:06 AM
    Correct, you only pay the ETF on the lines you cancel, if they are under contract.
    01-05-10 10:38 AM
    If you want to sell the S1 as soon as you terminate you will need to put dumb phones on the line so they don't get locked while the ETF is being processed.

ETF relates to the line but also prevents reuse of whatever phone is on that line while the ETF is being processed. It's a way to basically confiscate the equipment, albeit virtually, while they collect their money.
    01-05-10 01:58 PM
    Thanks for the input, will prob sell the S1 but no big deal to wait until the ETF is processed.
    01-05-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD