about 2 months ago, I ported 5 lines from ATT to Verizon. Unfortunately, the signal in my house was not good. So after about 2 weeks, I ported the numbers back to ATT. In the meantime, I returned 2 of the 5 phones within the 30 day timeframe. I just got the bill from Verizon, it's for $1600. ETF for all 5 lines (3 BB's and 2 dumbphones) and for 2 months of service even though I left 2 weeks after I first started and have NO Verizon phones working and/or service.
    I called Verizon CS and they said that since I didn't return the other 3 phones within 30 days, I was still obligated to pay the ETF's? and I got charged the next month of service foir the same reason. If I pay the ETF for the 3 lines not returned, do I have to also pay for the phones at full price since Verizon said they will not accept the return now? (sorry, the story so long) Thx all
    07-19-10 07:50 PM
    Holy ****! Sorry mate.
    If you have any BBs left go sell them in the Marketplace if VZW won't take them back and try to reclaim some of your funds for covering the astronomical ETF. Looks like it was your fault though mate since you missed day 30 on three of the phones.
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-19-10 at 07:57 PM.
    07-19-10 07:55 PM
    oh yeah, for sure I messed up on the 30th day. Just want to make sure I do/don't have to pay their ETF and pay for the phones too?
    07-19-10 08:13 PM
    Classic......
    07-19-10 08:17 PM
    I would probably drive my car through the huge, glass windows of my local VZW store if this happened, my fault or not. Gah.
    07-19-10 08:24 PM
    I believe they have the right to charge you for the phones not being returned. That was one thing that AT&T pointed out to me when I signed on for their service and only stayed one week. I returned all the equipment, ported back to Verizon and was out only $36. If I had kept the phone it would have been well within their right to charge me for it. That's pretty clear cut.
    07-19-10 08:51 PM
    I'm not saying I don't rightfully have to pay the ETF for the 3 lines, I'm only asking if I have to pay the ETF PLUS the price of the phones, sorry if I didn't make that more clear
    07-19-10 10:54 PM
    You do not. You can actually pay the etf and the phones are still yours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 01:04 AM
    You own the phones but you are responsible for the ETFs since you didn't return within 30 days.
    07-20-10 01:38 AM
    I'm not saying I don't rightfully have to pay the ETF for the 3 lines, I'm only asking if I have to pay the ETF PLUS the price of the phones, sorry if I didn't make that more clear
    I apologize I didn't see you where mentioned you were over the 30 days so no you wouldn't have to pay for the phones. Sorry about that!
    07-20-10 05:02 AM
    I was having problems with my signal at my house too. If Verizon opens a ticket to check the signal near you and you indeed have a poor signal they should let you out with out having to pay the ETF. At least that's what I was told. I didn't go ahead with it simply because I like the selection of phones vzw has the best. Luckily for them they are the best of the worse.
    07-21-10 01:39 AM
    I was having problems with my signal at my house too. If Verizon opens a ticket to check the signal near you and you indeed have a poor signal they should let you out with out having to pay the ETF. At least that's what I was told. I didn't go ahead with it simply because I like the selection of phones vzw has the best. Luckily for them they are the best of the worse.
    Did you even read what he originally posted? The ETF isnt a problem in the first 30 days...........he didnt return the phones, thats why he was charged.

Yea, you just have to pay the ETFs.
    07-21-10 05:02 PM
    You shouldn't have to pay for the phones if you pay the ETF. It's a one or the other deal, to recover the cost of subsidizing the phones.
    07-21-10 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD