I've changed the ESN of one of my old phones to mask my new phone so that i can use both phones as the same line. It got me thinking in that if i changed the ESN of a smartphone to the ESN of a regular type phone (say a voyager), then wouldn Verizon view the smartphone as a voyager? This way i would be able to purchase the $15 data plan instead of the $45? But would this allow me to use all of the smartphone features including sync?
    02-06-08 12:51 AM
    I've changed the ESN of one of my old phones to mask my new phone so that i can use both phones as the same line. It got me thinking in that if i changed the ESN of a smartphone to the ESN of a regular type phone (say a voyager), then wouldn Verizon view the smartphone as a voyager? This way i would be able to purchase the $15 data plan instead of the $45? But would this allow me to use all of the smartphone features including sync?
    If you don't need the BES data plan for work, the why pay $45? The BIS is only $29.99.
    02-06-08 04:29 AM
    Changing the ESN is illegal, just like they told you on HoFo. I wouldn't want to get caught doing something like that just to save $15 a month.
    02-19-08 10:52 PM
    Thread closed...let this post stand as a reminder, that posting on "How To" clone ESN's and any other illegal activities will not be allowed on CrackBerry.
    02-20-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD