On Tuesday I added a 3rd line to my family plan so that I could get a Storm at the $159 BestBuy pricepoint. I want to do a ESN swap and put a different phone on that line and then put the Storm on my main line. I have been trying for the last few days to do this on the Verizon website but it won't allow me, keeps telling me to call Customer Service. Is there a waiting period for a new line before a ESN swap is allowed or is my only recourse to call Customer Service and make up a story as to why I want to put a old phone on the new line?
    05-21-09 02:07 PM
    There is no waiting period. Call Verizon, they wont give you any grief over it. Ive done exactly what you are doing at least 5 times over the past 3 years. Make sure to tell them that you tried to do it on the website but it said for you to call. They shouldnt charge you a fee to do it because the website said for you to call.
    05-21-09 02:21 PM
    as a note as well, you may have to wait a period of time per the agreement with best buy, not sure what their policy is on the 3rd party activation. There may be nothing on the agreement, but I have seen it in the past where if you swap equipment in a specified time period, you are charged a fee as if you had terminated the contract.

YRMV
    05-21-09 02:23 PM
    as a note as well, you may have to wait a period of time per the agreement with best buy, not sure what their policy is on the 3rd party activation. There may be nothing on the agreement, but I have seen it in the past where if you swap equipment in a specified time period, you are charged a fee as if you had terminated the contract.

YRMV
    Good point, reading the paperwork now :-D
    05-21-09 03:15 PM
    There is no waiting period at all. As soon as it's activated you can swap ESN's with a different line, just call VZW.
    05-21-09 04:08 PM
    Just call it is free. They dont care what you do as long as you keep paying your monthly bill on time.
    06-24-09 05:14 AM
    Couple of questions:

1. With ESN swapping via VZW's website, how long does it take before the new phone is active?

2. On VZW's site, if I were to swap ESN from a dumb phone to a Blackberry, and also add the Blackberry (BIS) data plan via the website, how long does it take for the new Blackberry to be active and receiving/sending emails after the service books have been updated via VZW's BIS site?

TIA
    06-24-09 05:34 PM
    If you would have gotten the phone at a Verizon corporate location it would have been 10 dollars cheaper and we would have done it for you....including setup of the phone.

Go Bestbuy!.....
    06-24-09 05:49 PM
    Oops..didnt notice this is a month old thread.
    06-24-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD