Hello everyone... When i go to back up my Blackberry 8330, everything goes smooth until it gets to "Broswer Data Cache" once it gets there it stops the backup and says "Error backing up databases(s)" does anyone have any clue as to why its doing this?? I have go into my browser options in the phone and cleared all the cache and history, so there is nothing that it needs to back up from the browser. Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this. It seems like a fairly simple fix, but i have no idea what to do.
    10-28-08 10:35 AM
    That happen to me and i cleared it also and then it worked... couldnt get an answer as to why...
    10-28-08 12:40 PM
    No one has an answer to this?
    10-29-08 03:25 PM
    The Browser cache database has either something in it that the Backup program does nt like or, more likely, it has become corrupted on the phone.

Clearing this temporary database will soleve the problem. However you should be aware that any database could become corrupted and therefore cause Backup problems.

The fix is to hit the advanced button in the backup screen and then Clear the offending database on the phone or the PC depending if you are Backing up or Restoring.
    10-29-08 03:37 PM
    Thanks Pete. That worked for me.
    11-22-08 05:06 PM
    Thanks Pete, that worked for me too.
    03-03-09 12:52 AM
    There is never really any need to back up a browser cache. It exists to speed loading the next time you visit a site by having common info already on your device.

Clearing it occasionally is always a good practice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 10:16 AM
    It worked for me too!!!
    04-28-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD