Does anyone know if my plan will automatically change to the BES plan if I enter my work BES code? I'm currently on BIS and get just my personal email, but I will be travelling, and want my work email on my phone for like 2 days, then I want to turn it off....

I found the instructions to set up the OWA (outlook web access) and have that going for my work account now, but emails are waaaaay behind and somewhat sporadic.
    05-14-09 09:05 PM
    Does anyone know if my plan will automatically change to the BES plan if I enter my work BES code? I'm currently on BIS and get just my personal email, but I will be travelling, and want my work email on my phone for like 2 days, then I want to turn it off....

I found the instructions to set up the OWA (outlook web access) and have that going for my work account now, but emails are waaaaay behind and somewhat sporadic.
    No it will not. The only way to get BES is to call CS and have it added to your account.

Edit to add: You do know that with BES, your employer has the ability to see everything that you use and do with your phone, such as phone calls, emails, text messaging to mention some. Also, after doing an Enterprise Activation, there will be an IT policy on your BB even after going back to BIS.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 05-14-09 at 10:24 PM.
    05-14-09 10:19 PM
    No it will not. The only way to get BES is to call CS and have it added to your account.

Edit to add: You do know that with BES, your employer has the ability to see everything that you use and do with your phone, such as phone calls, emails, text messaging to mention some. Also, after doing an Enterprise Activation, there will be an IT policy on your BB even after going back to BIS.

Thats the part i dislike i wish once authorized by a BES Admin, It would take IT policy off
    05-20-09 06:35 PM
    If you can get your work email via OWA, you can have it sent to your bb on BIS
    05-20-09 06:41 PM
    When properly released form a BES server, the IT polices will be removed.
    05-20-09 06:45 PM
    I just have IT forward my work email to my device. That is easily cancelled when you get back. AND you don't have to be under the BES policy for your personal stuff.
    05-20-09 06:52 PM
    I just have IT forward my work email to my device. That is easily cancelled when you get back. AND you don't have to be under the BES policy for your personal stuff.
    This is a great idea, if the companies policy allows for it.
    05-20-09 06:57 PM
    So they can see ur text and bb messages when you have BES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:12 PM
    So they can see ur text and bb messages when you have BES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    IF and I mean IF they have it setup to do that.
    05-20-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD