I have briefly read the thread for adding a second line to your Storm2, so I know that is possible.
    But let me give you the scenario:
    I have a laptop that has a SIM card in it to provide for data connectivity. If I took that card out of there and put it in my Storm2 what would I need to do to make it work?
    The SIM card is from AT&T.
    My second question, the SIM card already in my Storm2, if I activated it would I be able to use it in my laptop instead of AT&T, and what kind of connectivity would it give me in the States?
    Has anyone used the SIM card side of their Storm2 stateside?
    03-17-10 09:35 AM
    sounds like a question for your wireless carrier.
    03-17-10 11:07 AM
    I would assume you would have to ask att to set up service books and whatnot for your BB to get data. Just like anyone else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 11:30 AM
    You would need to have the Storm unlocked before it would recognize the ATT sim card, also to my knowledge I don't think you would be able to have both the ATT service and the Verizon service active at the same time, again I could be wrong. If I understood correctly it seems like you want to use your sim card for data use?? Verizon's sim cards are not typically able to be used for data within the US. Hope this helps.
    03-17-10 01:32 PM
    If the Storm is unlocked it will work. It will not pick up AT&T's 3G though, if you live in a place where it exists. Verizon doesn't use SIM cards as it uses CDMA not GSM technology. The SIM cards that are in the few phones that Verizon carries are Global phones. The SIM card is meant to be used for international roaming.
    03-17-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD