So I know this is a play on the system but, suppose when the storm comes out and i start a new account to avoid paying well over 600 dollars for one, I keep the phone then terminate the account how much is the termination fee...?

IM sorry if this seems wrong but you gotta do what you gotta do...
    09-21-08 11:02 PM
    Depending on your account, you might have a prorated termination fee..ex...for each month of service you get $5 off the termination fee. Standard term fees are $175.

If you don't have insurance, VZ has a lost/stolen/damaged program offering 1 yr promo pricing and rebate. The difference in 1 yr and 2 yr is usually $70.00. So you can claim that your unit is damaged. A sales rep with integrity issues will try to get you to cancel your existing account and add a new line of service. You will have to pay the $35 activation fee as well.

C

VZW employee
    09-21-08 11:06 PM
    welcome to cb and i hope you make a wise decision
    09-21-08 11:43 PM
    Depending on your account, you might have a prorated termination fee..ex...for each month of service you get $5 off the termination fee. Standard term fees are $175.

If you don't have insurance, VZ has a lost/stolen/damaged program offering 1 yr promo pricing and rebate. The difference in 1 yr and 2 yr is usually $70.00. So you can claim that your unit is damaged. A sales rep with integrity issues will try to get you to cancel your existing account and add a new line of service. You will have to pay the $35 activation fee as well.

C

VZW employee
    How funny "a sales rep with integrity"?
    How about a customer with integrity you moron. People like you who give advice like this need to get slapped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 10:44 AM
    So I know this is a play on the system but, suppose when the storm comes out and i start a new account to avoid paying well over 600 dollars for one, I keep the phone then terminate the account how much is the termination fee...?

IM sorry if this seems wrong but you gotta do what you gotta do...
    You can't.

If you keep the equipment and terminate the new account you will be charged full retail price for the equipment.

If you cancel the account within 30 days of activation there is no ETF. If you cancel after 30 days you'll have the ETF.

Either way, when you cancel an account or line of service you must return the equipment or you'll get charged full retail.

Call VZW and see if you can upgrade your current line early.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-22-08 at 11:08 AM.
    09-22-08 11:04 AM
    How funny "a sales rep with integrity"?
    How about a customer with integrity you moron. People like you who give advice like this need to get slapped.

That was completely uncalled for. I am here to help the best I can. You don't know me and how I sell. If you did see the way I handle my customers you'd wish all sales reps were like me.

Maybe the option I offered the customer wasn't with 100% integrity, but it was the lesser of the two evils, but it is a workaround to satisfying a customers needs.

C

VZW employee
    09-22-08 11:26 AM
    A VZW employee telling customers to make false claims now? This is getting better.

09-22-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD