One of the best things about VZW is since I have a huge bill, and pay that bill on time, I get to upgrade the primary line every year for a 20 dollar upcharge. According to a post on android central, this is coming to an end. And also taking away the NE2 discount? Shame on you!
    Of course now I will either just pay for a yearly contract instead, or just pay full retail and go off contract so I can leave whenever I want to.
    I've used the early upgrade option to lure my friends over to VZW before. I'm sorry VZW feels the need to take this benefit away from its loyal customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 03:09 PM
    You can probably do it once more before the new rule applies, your old contract is grandfathered.
    01-04-11 03:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...tracts-572951/

I don't mind this news. I upgrade every two years.

01-04-11 03:35 PM
    You can probably do it once more before the new rule applies, your old contract is grandfathered.
    I hope this is right, I bought my Tour a year ago yesterday on a 2 year contract, I went online to see if I could upgrade and its still showing full retail prices...does it take a few days to take effect?

01-04-11 03:40 PM
    All I can say is that one should not speak of what they do not know. That is all.
    01-04-11 04:45 PM
    All I can say is that one should not speak of what they do not know. That is all.
    So then can you tell us what you know?
    01-04-11 05:23 PM
    Ok thanks, I was able to do it before but maybe things changed...I'll ask when I go to the store

01-04-11 05:59 PM
    I called and talked for a few knowledgable reps. They we just trained on this today. From what i was told, if you qualify for an early upgrade , you will be a le to useit once more.

For example, I upgraded on Sept. 20th 2010 and was told I will still get my primary line annual upgrade on Sept. 20th 2011. But after that, I won't be able to do annual upgrades ever again. I will be doing 1 year upgrades for the rest of my cell phone time.
    01-04-11 07:35 PM
    Looks like I'll be on one year upgrades for now on. I was on my other lines anyways, so I guess its not really a big deal. I just wish I knew this before I upgraded this last time.

01-04-11 10:03 PM
    Verizon will still offer two year contracts. They are just getting rid of the NE2, which allowed customers to upgrade 13-20 months within the 24 month contract time period. They ARE however supposed to be getting getting rid of 1 year contracts, which I have not seen anyone talk about yet. It appears that they will also be imposing a new $150-$300 fee for broken or physically damaged phones that are brought instore for replacement.

I also have seen that customers who do not renew their two-year agreements after they have fulfilled them within a 6 month period, will LOSE their upgrade availability!!!! This is all due to the upcoming release of the Iphone, whether the company wants to admit that or not. Verizon may not lose any Iphone buyers, but they will lose customers in the long run due to the stricter contract rules that are coming.
    01-05-11 08:43 AM
    Verizon will still offer two year contracts. They are just getting rid of the NE2, which allowed customers to upgrade 13-20 months within the 24 month contract time period. They ARE however supposed to be getting getting rid of 1 year contracts, which I have not seen anyone talk about yet. It appears that they will also be imposing a new $150-$300 fee for broken or physically damaged phones that are brought instore for replacement.

I also have seen that customers who do not renew their two-year agreements after they have fulfilled them within a 6 month period, will LOSE their upgrade availability!!!! This is all due to the upcoming release of the Iphone, whether the company wants to admit that or not. Verizon may not lose any Iphone buyers, but they will lose customers in the long run due to the stricter contract rules that are coming.
    Where in the world are you getting your information from?
    01-05-11 08:56 AM

Do you have any links to show any of this? I read numerous forums every day, and have not seen that anywhere.
    01-05-11 10:10 AM

This info is completely off. NE2 (additional credits towards the upgrade pricing) and Annual Upgrades (doing an upgrade 1 year into a 2 year contract, primary line, $49.99+ monthly plan) are going away completely. Nothing else about the upgrade process is, except the fact that their might be other promotional offers that will be more user specific as opposed to a blanket program for everyone (like NE2)
    01-05-11 03:12 PM
    So then can you tell us what you know?
    Not at this time, but the time will be soon when more info will be available.
    01-06-11 05:35 PM
    They ARE however supposed to be getting getting rid of 1 year contracts, which I have not seen anyone talk about yet.

That's because this is incorrect. Both one year and two year contracts stay. If you are eligible for a NE2 now, you remain eligible unitl you use it. Any new line opened or upgraded after January 16th will no longer be eligible for NE2 or Annual Upgrade.
    01-06-11 06:10 PM
    Maybe this is why RIM isn't coming out with any new BlackBerry phones on VZW.

01-06-11 06:12 PM
    It seems as though Verizon's changing upgrade policies and trial policies. Android Central says you'll now have 14 days to try a phone before returning instead of 30 days.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...ctive-jan-16th
    01-08-11 07:38 AM
    It seems as though Verizon's changing upgrade policies and trial policies. Android Central says you'll now have 14 days to try a phone before returning instead of 30 days.

Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central
    Interesting - if this does happen, it will be reverted back to what it use to be. actually it use to be 15 days. With that in mind if you do not know if you like a phone after 14 days, what can I say.
    01-08-11 08:28 AM

Verizon to cut return policy to 14 days effective Jan 16th | Android Central
    You can most likely blame this on people abusing the 30-day policy by holding onto phones until the one they really want gets released or by using it to try out different devices. Something like that is probably extremely expensive for Verizon and which is why they need to shorten it. This really shouldn't be a problem for anyone who does their research before buying a phone though.
    01-08-11 10:39 AM
    So this would be considered a change in terms of the contract and allow for an early exit from the contract without an ETF, correct?
    01-08-11 08:41 PM
    They're prepping for the flood of broken iPhones.
    @Dplymkr88 I think it might.
    01-08-11 09:52 PM
    So this would be considered a change in terms of the contract and allow for an early exit from the contract without an ETF, correct?
    No because this will only effect new contracts and upgrades after the 16th.

01-08-11 09:59 PM
    Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Verizon is letting all qualified, current customers annually upgrade after January 16. Once they upgrade, they will no longer be able to upgrade on an annual basis unless they sign a one year contract.

I guess if Verizon stops the annual upgrade dead in it's tracks, folks could cancel without a cancellation fee since they changed the terms of the contract (I don't forsee this happening though).
    01-08-11 10:09 PM
    Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that Verizon is letting all qualified, current customers annually upgrade after January 16. Once they upgrade, they will no longer be able to upgrade on an annual basis unless they sign a one year contract.

I guess if Verizon stops the annual upgrade dead in it's tracks, folks could cancel without a cancellation fee since they changed the terms of the contract (I don't forsee this happening though).
    That makes sense. I got out of my contract with Sprint one time because of a 1 cent a month increase. I like Verizon, don't get me wrong but I like having options as well...
    01-08-11 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD