07-17-09 10:04 AM
27 12
tools
    There is a corp store right next to our mall(you can walk there from the mall) and 2 kiosks in the store. 1 kiosk is indirect. They all have 1 thing in common... they all talk mad trash about the other. And no matter what I need done at a store when I'm there they have nothing good to say about the others. Do any direct/indirect employees feel this way?
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-16-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: keep people happy
    07-16-09 08:08 AM
    What the heck do "piercings on their face" have to do with how well they can perform their job? That's a pretty horrible statement and generalization.
    07-16-09 08:35 AM
    As someone with several tattoos and relatives with piercings on their face and god knows where else thats just a statement saying that they are a bunch of punk kids working there. sorry i didnt mean to make fun of your septum piercing
    07-16-09 08:43 AM
    First, You should really edit both of those posts. I am the supervisor of my kiosk (corp) with a mohawk, and am considered a "punk kid." I also have increased customer satisfaction an unmeasureable amount since being the supervisor. People who go to the larger store nearby tell my boss that they are so much happier going to my kiosk now and want to know what changed. The term "punk kid" means nothing.

Moving on, some people are more capable of doing their job than others. Kiosks are generally slower, so the reps have more time to really focus on the customer experience. Corp stores shouldnt be hating on each other, but i do admit to not being overly friendly towards indirect agents, but that is because I used to work for one and know how shady they can be.

Please edit your 2 posts in this thread so far.
    07-16-09 09:05 AM
    Umm so the employees hate eachother?

Who cares?

And the claims "we can do it better"

I don't think there is any difference. They both are gonna provide the same service and give a crap less about you when they leave. Its all about the money.
    07-16-09 09:05 AM
    First, You should really edit both of those posts. I am the supervisor of my kiosk (corp) with a mohawk, and am considered a "punk kid." I also have increased customer satisfaction an unmeasureable amount since being the supervisor. People who go to the larger store nearby tell my boss that they are so much happier going to my kiosk now and want to know what changed. The term "punk kid" means nothing.

Moving on, some people are more capable of doing their job than others. Kiosks are generally slower, so the reps have more time to really focus on the customer experience. Corp stores shouldnt be hating on each other, but i do admit to not being overly friendly towards indirect agents, but that is because I used to work for one and know how shady they can be.

Please edit your 2 posts in this thread so far.
    Sorry I was really talking about attitude. My younger brother had a mohawk through high school that topped out at a foot long and was an honor student
    I'm not trashing on what they look like i'll edit that I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced reps from different locations talking bad about other locations, I know that when I worked at best buy for verizon people had nothing good to say its good to hear that your kiosk is doing great.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-16-09 at 09:24 AM. Reason: I dunno
    07-16-09 09:22 AM
    I like the people that work for the indirect side in my area but that doesn't mean that I am not a diabolical hater when it comes to their policies. I can't stand the way that they do business. They refuse to honor pricing on non commisionable flyers, send customers to our store for replacement devices without calling to see if we have stock (they can order replacements themselves), and refuse to take responsibility for any of the billing problems created at their store. Love the people just hate the excuses.
    07-16-09 09:29 AM
    I agree and it seems like they play the dumb card. I had an indirect agent call me and while resetting a bis account heard him use some vulgar language like f bombs and he had customers there...
    Another time I had a girl that was like 18 get laughed out of a indirect store she bought her storm at when she went to get a replacement. she was within her 30 days and had bought the phone there. They gave her some bs excuse that they cant do that. She was going to have to drive 30 miles to the nearest corp store. I called in and spoke to the rep that treated her like crap and told him that she was going to be coming in, he was going to be replacing her phone and i was going to call her in an hour to make sure. He didnt like it so I asked for his rep id... didnt do anything with it but once he knew i had it he fell in line.
    07-16-09 09:45 AM
    Like I said, Indirect is shady, always deal with corporate
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
    I find that authorized retail agents tend to tell the customer false things about how VZW operates. Mostly on return policies for things.

I don't have any problems with agents seeing as to how I don't have to compete with them in CS. However, sometimes I wish instead of telling the customer something they would refer them to us instead of providing misleading information.

To the OP... I understand what you are saying about a clean apperance vs. a pop punk type look... however looks has nothing to do with knowledge or ability to help someone. If I didn't have a shirt and tie on I would very unprofessional in the general publics eye too. But VZW has taught us all about having a professional appearance at some point in our training.
    07-16-09 10:01 AM
    Ifind that authorized retail agents tend to tell the customer false things about how VZW operates. Mostly on return policies for things.
    Only thing about this, is auth agents can have their own return policy... So if they are not saying VZW's policy, keep in mind, it may just be because it is different. They may also just be a tool. never really know
    07-16-09 10:07 AM

To the OP... I understand what you are saying about a clean apperance vs. a pop punk type look... however looks has nothing to do with knowledge or ability to help someone. If I didn't have a shirt and tie on I would very unprofessional in the general publics eye too. But VZW has taught us all about having a professional appearance at some point in our training.
    I'm not knocking anybody on here but if I seen two VZ stores in the same mall and the employees in one had peircings, tattoos, mohawk etc it would most certainly make a difference in my decision on what store I went to. Employees need to look professional and dress properly it just adds to the customer experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:13 AM
    I find that authorized retail agents tend to tell the customer false things about how VZW operates. Mostly on return policies for things.

I don't have any problems with agents seeing as to how I don't have to compete with them in CS. However, sometimes I wish instead of telling the customer something they would refer them to us instead of providing misleading information.

A guy that used to work with me at a corporate store now runs the Premium Retailer stores in our area as the "regional manager" (4 stores) and he says that the greatest thing about being in agent is that VZW policies allow his people to pretty much do or not do whatever they want.
    07-16-09 10:17 AM
    Ill tell you this...Ive had more "bad information" provided to me at a VZW kiosk than I ever have anywhere else...all the kiosks seem to be interested in is SALES.....if you back to one after the sale...and I've had to interact with 3....your likely to be told to go to a stand alone/brick and mortar store....but I wont label anyone till Ive had a chance to deal with them....
    Good for you, nobody cares.
    07-16-09 10:20 AM
    Ill tell you this...Ive had more "bad information" provided to me at a VZW kiosk than I ever have anywhere else...all the kiosks seem to be interested in is SALES.....if you back to one after the sale...and I've had to interact with 3....your likely to be told to go to a stand alone/brick and mortar store....but I wont label anyone till Ive had a chance to deal with them....
    I just Googled "Detrolling your perfectly good forum conversation." Much to my discontent no solution was found.
    07-16-09 10:21 AM
    I work in a Corporate store in a mall, and there are 2 or 3 indirect dealers within a 30 mile radius or so. Those stores do nothing for our company but sell phones, if a customer asks them about anything else, even paying a bill in some stores, its not happening. They send the customer to us to fix any and all problems. I've even had to finish activating phones! I hope this is a rarity, because it sucks! Sorry, end of rant
    07-16-09 10:45 AM
    Some lessons to be learned here is are: "never judge a book by it's cover" and never ever bash or speak unkindly about your competition. If you are excelling at your job and meeting your clients needs, the subject of your competitor should never come up. Talking trash about the competition is just bad business!

07-16-09 10:51 AM
    Good for you, nobody cares.
    Ah he won't stop lol He drops Verizon and still complains.
    07-16-09 10:53 AM
    I work in a Corporate store in a mall, and there are 2 or 3 indirect dealers within a 30 mile radius or so. Those stores do nothing for our company but sell phones, if a customer asks them about anything else, even paying a bill in some stores, its not happening. They send the customer to us to fix any and all problems. I've even had to finish activating phones! I hope this is a rarity, because it sucks! Sorry, end of rant
    This is what I have found most often. I went to get numbers moved to a new phone. line 1 with line 2 just switch numbers we leave and i try some test calls and he set both phones with the same number. had to go to corp store and hang out for 20 minutes to get something so damn simple fixed
    07-16-09 10:55 AM
    This is what I have found most often. I went to get numbers moved to a new phone. line 1 with line 2 just switch numbers we leave and i try some test calls and he set both phones with the same number. had to go to corp store and hang out for 20 minutes to get something so damn simple fixed
    Yep, from what I've experienced, those places don't care what a customer thinks because they have noone to answer to and no repercussions for their (lack of) actions!
    07-16-09 11:08 AM
    It must be nice to work there and not give 2 sh*ts about anyone that walks through the door lol I can only wonder what that would be like....
    07-16-09 12:20 PM
    I can understand the store v.s. kiosk issue, I have lived in a town where a corp store was just down the road and yeah the bashing gets old, I now live in a town where we have 3 authorized agents and no corp stores for over 100 miles away, yeah their is some stuff that we can do here in the store but their is some stuff that we can not to but are always willing to help, yeah even then we still have bashing and customers upset when we aren't able to do the things a corp store can, I have been to some corp stores though where they aren't willing to help at all in some cases, so it dose kinda go both ways, but I can say this our store is knowen for giving everyone all the options to get their issues resolved even if it means spending 3 hours on the phone with tech support to get something fixed.
    07-16-09 02:09 PM
    *Shaking head*

07-16-09 06:20 PM
    Wow. This is the most impossible thing i've ever heard. There is no way possible to get two phones activated on one number. Not unless things have changed drastically since I left which I doubt. To answer the original post, find out who the district manger is for the stores. Let them know what is going on. Even though an indirect is not owned by vzw they still have rules they need to follow in order to maintain their license. It a big no no to down a corporate store since they are in essence vzw. Secondly speaking I wouldn't deal with either. Computer is mostly cheaper by cutting out the middle man plus there is no pressure to buy or add data. Try telesales also. Ask them what they can do that no one else can.

07-17-09 07:49 AM
    Wow. This is the most impossible thing i've ever heard. There is no way possible to get two phones activated on one number. Not unless things have changed drastically since I left which I doubt. To answer the original post, find out who the district manger is for the stores. Let them know what is going on. Even though an indirect is not owned by vzw they still have rules they need to follow in order to maintain their license. It a big no no to down a corporate store since they are in essence vzw. Secondly speaking I wouldn't deal with either. Computer is mostly cheaper by cutting out the middle man plus there is no pressure to buy or add data. Try telesales also. Ask them what they can do that no one else can.

I do apologize for any mixup. When I would call someone from my phone it would say xxx-xxx-1234, and my gf would call someone and it would also say xxx-xxx-1234, my phone would ring 1/2 the time and her phone 1/2 the time. So in theory, it was on the same number, I know its not possible but the kid screwed up pretty bad.
    07-17-09 07:55 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD