My friend works for VZN and offered to add another line to her account so I can be on VZN. Since it's technicallyits her account... I'm wondering what happens in a case where she stops working for VZN.. would she lose her discount on all her lines? (planing on getting the storm)

I'm itching to go to vzn, but kind of paranoid about being stuck paying full price on the plan if she stops working for VZN. Can anyone chime in on the subject.

I'm grandfathered in on my Sprint plan which is really good... so i'm trying to weigh my options.
    02-10-09 12:15 AM
    Wait...vzn or vzw? Of all the employee discounts I hear the employee one through vzw IS one that will go away if you no longer have the gig.
    02-10-09 12:25 AM
    Wait...vzn or vzw? Of all the employee discounts I hear the employee one through vzw IS one that will go away if you no longer have the gig.
    whats the difference between vzn and vzw... I think she's pretty much a sales rep. for a store.
    02-10-09 12:32 AM
    VZN = Verizon

VZW = Verizon Wireless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 04:32 AM
    If she works for Verizon Wireless and quits or gets terminated you would lose your discount and would still be subject to your contract term.
    02-10-09 03:59 PM
    If she works for Verizon Wireless and quits or gets terminated you would lose your discount and would still be subject to your contract term.
    that sucks... I'd still get a good discount for VZN service through my company now, but I have so many nice extra on my Sprint plan... that I really don't want to leave it.

I guess i'll just wait for now.

Does anyone know of a Verizon Wireless forum? Sprint has SprintUsers.com, I'm curious if VZN subscribers have anything similar
    02-10-09 04:18 PM
    I don't believe so. I can answer most of your questions though.

You gotta think though, you'll save 50% off your bill/features so even if she works there for a year (even though VzW has very little turnover rates) you would save a lot of money.
    02-10-09 04:23 PM
    I don't believe so. I can answer most of your questions though.

You gotta think though, you'll save 50% off your bill/features so even if she works there for a year (even though VzW has very little turnover rates) you would save a lot of money.
    - She told me it would 50% off the bill, if she added me on.

- I would 20% off my vzw bill, if I go through my company. But the 20% off would only be off 1 line even if I got a family share plan... Kind of sucks, cause I probably would switch over if it was 20% off the entire bill and not 1 line.

I already have a great deal with Sprint on 4 lines (a lot of free extra's for being a long time customer).. but I can't justify switching over because of all the money i'm saving now.
    02-10-09 05:46 PM
    - She told me it would 50% off the bill, if she added me on.

- I would 20% off my vzw bill, if I go through my company. But the 20% off would only be off 1 line even if I got a family share plan... Kind of sucks, cause I probably would switch over if it was 20% off the entire bill and not 1 line.

I already have a great deal with Sprint on 4 lines (a lot of free extra's for being a long time customer).. but I can't justify switching over because of all the money i'm saving now.
    Youre saving more with Sprint now than you would on her plan with 50% off? (And even if she were to quit or get fired, you'd have 30 days to convert it to a personal account and could then apply your standard employee discounts to it)

The real question is: Do you want her seeing every number you call and text and having control over your phone
    02-10-09 05:52 PM
    Youre saving more with Sprint now than you would on her plan with 50% off? (And even if she were to quit or get fired, you'd have 30 days to convert it to a personal account and could then apply your standard employee discounts to it)

The real question is: Do you want her seeing every number you call and text and having control over your phone
    I have no problem with her seeing the account, cause it wouldn't matter who I called or text if I'm going to pay for my end. Were not ones to get into bitter childish games haha.

I would like to take 3, maybe 4 lines to VZW, but I'm not going to put that on her. It would be a hassle for me to convert all the lines if she were to lose the discount.

I'm using a 25% corporate discount from a company I use to work for at least 5 years ago and Sprint has yet to take away my discount. I have too good of a deal going on to risk losing it all on something that isn't certain.

I wonder if VZW does status checks of corp. discounts for it's customers.
    02-10-09 10:38 PM
    From what I have seen they only check when first signing up for the discount. I know someone who has their discount not having worked there for many years and Verizon has never checked.

02-15-09 07:02 PM
    From what I have seen they only check when first signing up for the discount. I know someone who has their discount not having worked there for many years and Verizon has never checked.

thats what I thought initially.. but i just wanted to check to see what other people are saying
    02-16-09 12:02 AM
    if you have like the 50$ area wide plan NEVER EVER EVER CHANGE!!! that plan is the sh*t!!! if u evr change u will never ever get that plan back. n im sure vzw is great and all but sprint has more to offer you. better nights and weekends-7 instead of 9- and we opperate off their towers, sprint towers, and alltell towers so we have amazing coverage. i wouldnt change if i were u cuz if you do have the area wide plan u will never ever be able to find a plan like that, bang fro the buck its amazingly cheap and wayyyyyy worth it!
    02-16-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD