If someone is friends with a Verizon Wireless Employee can the employee give you a discount to stuff? as in store items, phones, monthly phone bill.
    04-20-09 06:20 AM
    Legally, no. But the employee can certainly purchase things with their discount with their own money or credit card/debit card and/or charge the purchase to their bill and do what they want with it after the fact.
    04-20-09 06:34 AM
    Legally, no. But the employee can certainly purchase things with their discount with their own money or credit card/debit card and/or charge the purchase to their bill and do what they want with it after the fact.
    Or just give them the money to buy it. It's not that hard.
    04-20-09 06:36 AM
    Exactly! hehe
    04-20-09 06:38 AM
    Is it just me or is this contex guy trying to screw people out of their money time after time?

ALSO how about make ONE post with all your questions instead of a million and one posts back to back!
    04-20-09 07:57 AM
    Verizon employees can't give out discounts because everything is rang through your account number even if you pay cash. Its a sneeky system, but very effective.

What you have to do is find someone who gets a discount and have them actually buy it for you. Most employees won't, because accessory sales for items they don't have can be tracked. 1 off item is easily justified, but not if they do it all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 10:05 AM
    i have gone into vzw stores and complained about a price for a car charger and they asked if i had any family members in vzw and my parents have vzw so i gave them my moms #
    i guess she is a premiere member and i got 20% of my car charger
    04-20-09 11:35 AM
    No it's not, and it shouldn't have been that hard for you to figure out that's what I was alluding to.
    Last edited by ScottRPriester; 04-20-09 at 02:36 PM.
    04-20-09 12:57 PM
    This means you still paid about 20% more than you could've gotten the same item elsewhere.

True but also if you buy it from somewhere else and it damages you phone and we replace the phone and your charger is defective we can not exchange or replace it.
    04-20-09 05:50 PM
    That works - my problem is I am an OEM guy. I want the BlackBerry PowerStation, the RIM charger, etc. These are items the carriers typically don't always have - at least not in the charging accessories. It is usually (but not always) a VZW-branded charger or whatnot.

Probably isn't a big deal with the USB charging interface, but still. Old habits are hard to break.

The wall adapters are OEM, car chargers aren't. That said I used my Verizon car charger, RIM wall adapter and Motorola wall adapter on my Pearl for a year with no issues.
    04-20-09 09:10 PM
    As I said before, given the nature of the standardized USB interface, you probably wouldn't have any issues.
    You know, you would think so but you can only use Moto brand/intended chargers on Moto equipment that has the mini USB charger which is why I bought a car charger for a Motorola even though I had a BB 7130 at the time. You know, just in case.
    04-20-09 09:34 PM
    That works - my problem is I am an OEM guy. I want the BlackBerry PowerStation, the RIM charger, etc. These are items the carriers typically don't always have - at least not in the charging accessories. It is usually (but not always) a VZW-branded charger or whatnot.

Probably isn't a big deal with the USB charging interface, but still. Old habits are hard to break.

Same here. I've learned the hard way that generic stuff is almost always NOT as good as OEM. I generally get my OEM stuff off of eBay. I've almost always gotten what I've paid for. Only twice have I gotten something that was supposed to be OEM that was not. (USB cable which was supposed to be BB OEM but was instead Motorola OEM and a charger but that was the last time I bought from someone in China. Overall I've had great success that way and get it about a third what I would pay in stores :-)
    04-20-09 11:28 PM
    If someone is friends with a Verizon Wireless Employee can the employee give you a discount to stuff? as in store items, phones, monthly phone bill.
    Monthly phone bills can be discounted if you are employed with one of the companies that has this as one of their benefits. A friend or a relative won't be able to give you this discount, unless your number is on their account. If you are a University of Phoenix student, you can get the 19% monthly phone bill discount through Apollo Group from them. I am a student of UOP so I get this discount. You can check this website to see if your company is listed as one of the participating company that offers company discounts: http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=e9JjDgyD. Good luck.
    04-21-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD