02-18-09 05:36 PM
27 12
tools
    Hello,

My collegue at work (NYC real estate) has finally stepped up to BB

but, he has verizon....

and, when I send him an email, he gets it 10 mins later.....

but, if he sends me an email, I get it right away....( I am on T-Mobile )

so, is the email servers and infrastructure on verizon different than Tmobile?
    (yes, of course) and does that effect the email response time.....(maybe?)

thanks

Allen
    02-13-09 06:18 PM
    It could be a settings issue.

Mine come & go very quickly & I am on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:29 PM
    Mine are instant on Verizon using Gmail. What email is he using?
    02-13-09 07:51 PM
    Depends on you email provider. I have 4 emails some come instant some don't

02-13-09 07:54 PM
    Take a look at this link. It explains how BIS works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/
    02-13-09 08:05 PM
    I'm on Verizon, I just sent a donation through PayPal to one of the guys on this site who does free themes, I got my email confirmation immediately, as soon as I completed my transaction. So I don't know about anyone else, but my email has no delay.
    02-13-09 08:08 PM
    I get mixed results. sometimes its instand and sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes.
    02-13-09 08:31 PM
    same here. Time varies usually not instant.
    02-13-09 08:46 PM
    Your BB has a unique email address for the device. Email sent to that unique email is pushed to the BB instantly.

For other email addresses, your BB must synchronize with your outside mail server periodically. That happens every 10 or 15 minutes (I can't remember).

There is usually an easy way around this. Your outside email provider usually has an option to forward received email to another address, but leave a copy on the original server. Set your unique BB email address as the forwarding, and you'll get them instantly, but still have a copy on your computer.

I've heard that gmail works fast. I suspect there is an automatic forwarding interface for that popular email. The BB definitely does not sync withoutside email immediately. Its on a schedule, just like an other IMAP or POP email client.
    02-13-09 09:18 PM
    I am sending from my tmo curve to his verizon curve

I am sending from my work email (private company) to his work email (same)

we also use yahoo as the front end to our work emails....

so, even though we send via CRR (our work) it has yahoo as the front end

I will try some of the sugg carsalesman had....

prolly have to talk to my IT manager

thanks for the info , and any other ideas, let me know

al
    02-13-09 09:53 PM
    I normally get my VZW mail and my gmail pretty quickly. My work email takes a while to get. But I think that has to do with our slow server that we use at work.
    02-13-09 09:56 PM
    I have three different email providers that all are instant delivery
    02-14-09 12:25 AM
    surfbug, what are the email addresses that are receiving the messages? That's what you really need to look at. It matters not what email address they are coming from, but rather what email address they are going to.

As for the infrastructure of emails, any email that goes to a blackberry all go through blackberry's servers in Canada, so in THEORY it shouldn't matter which carrier you have. Practice, however, is different.
    02-14-09 01:12 AM
    Regardless of the wireless provider....

Emails sent to @vzw.blackberry.net are "instant" pushes and should be received by the recepient within 1 minute...pending BIS is up and running. These past few days have been brutal.

Emails sent to any other address using redirector is advertised as 15-20 min delay. In most cases I've seen the email push within 5-10.

The workaround to the second scenario??? Have your web/pop3/imap web provider forward your email to your @vzw.blackberry.net address. If you are using Outlook as your e-mail client, create a "rule" to forward your e-mails toyour @vzw.blackberry.net address for an instant push.
    02-14-09 09:03 AM
    I'm on vzw and I've had conversations with customers via gmail on my curve 8330 and the emails fly back and forth instantly. How is this possible with everyone here saying its advertised as 15-20 minute delay or seeing it push within 5-10 mins? I'm getting instant response with gmail on my bb. What am I doing wrong? How can I make my emails come slower? J/K for those who are slow on the uptake.

02-15-09 09:36 AM
    I don't even get emails sometimes on my BB. I don't have gmail or anything. Its a pop3 account thru my work. When I send an emails its instantaneous, but receiving is hit or miss.
    02-15-09 10:27 AM
    I don't even get emails sometimes on my BB. I don't have gmail or anything. Its a pop3 account thru my work. When I send an emails its instantaneous, but receiving is hit or miss.
    In your outlook account settings, make sure you have the check box leave copy of message on the server checked. If it is not email coming to the BB will be hit or miss.
    02-15-09 10:39 AM
    I'm on vzw and I've had conversations with customers via gmail on my curve 8330 and the emails fly back and forth instantly. How is this possible with everyone here saying its advertised as 15-20 minute delay or seeing it push within 5-10 mins? I'm getting instant response with gmail on my bb. What am I doing wrong? How can I make my emails come slower? J/K for those who are slow on the uptake.

Because Gmail and yahoo are pushed instantly. Most other emails providers are checked every 15 mins
    O read the link posted earlier that explains BIS. Its all explained there

02-15-09 10:47 AM
    Because Gmail and yahoo are pushed instantly. Most other emails providers are checked every 15 mins
    O read the link posted earlier that explains BIS. Its all explained there

I'm using GMail too but as of late, I'm getting a 5-15 minute delay on all incoming mail. What gives? This has been happening for the past couple of weeks now.
    02-15-09 12:16 PM
    I get my VZW .....my work email and my AOL instantly
    02-15-09 12:32 PM
    Confirm what others are saying about gmail...I get my emails instantaneously. I also have a yahoo account but I don't emails very often on that one so I can't say anything about that. Haven't tried with my work email.
    02-15-09 02:44 PM
    I get all mails instantly. Check your settings and make sure they are setup for IMAP. Using IMAP with IDLE support, the mail will be instant. However, if either the IMAP server does not support IDLE, or it is POP3, then the BIS checks at, I believe, 10 minute intervals.

Any IMAP server supporting IDLE that I've used, the mail often arrives at my BB before my PC.
    02-16-09 11:34 AM
    i have verizon and i have no problems getting my email instantly. he should take his phone to verizon and let them know, they might be able to work out any issues with it.
    02-16-09 11:52 AM
    Take a look at this link. It explains how BIS works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/
    Read the post. It's very informative and answers a lot of the questions that keep getting repeated.
    02-16-09 04:51 PM
    I can actually be sitting at my computer with my Outlook open, and I get the email on my BB before I do on Outlook.
    02-16-09 07:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD