Thinking of getting the Pearl. This would be my first smartphone so I need some education on them. I talked to my IT department and was told I would recieve my corporate emails if the phone supports microsoft exchange server, does the Pearl?? Next would I be able to be notified real time if I have a hotmail account for personal use? All the info I have read talks about yahoo and gmail among others, but not hotmail. Can the browser read javascripts and cookies. Thanks for the information.
    12-31-07 12:05 AM
    Welcome!

I can't answer you on Hotmail. I've seen posts on here and other forums that suggest Hotmail doesn't push to the BB.

Yes, you can get your work email on your BB. When you get your BB, you might have to get some information from your IT department (domain name, etc.). If you can access your email from the web using Outlook Web Access (https://www.companyname.com/owa), it's faily easy to set up.

The native BB browser is pretty decent and can read cookies, but I don't think it can do Java. Other people like other 3rd party browesers, Opera is a popular one.
    12-31-07 10:57 AM
    You cant sync a hotmail account to your blackberry unless you pay for a hotmail account or you have had one since 2000.
    12-31-07 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD