Bear with me here on this one:

So I have a Tour which, at first, I had syncing only to a Yahoo email account. About 3 months into it, I got a message one day from NOREPLY@blackberry.com saying that i was no longer receiving email on my phone. I tried logging into my Yahoo account on my computer, and i couldn't. My password had been reset. I had to go through the motions of answering the security questions, coming up with a new password, and then re-entering it on BIS.

This happened again, and again. It is now happening about once a month and is really really annoying.

3 weeks ago I signed up for a GMail account and started syncing that. Yesterday, I got the same email from Blackberry, one for each account, that they had both been reset.

Has this happened to anyone? Verizon CS was no help
    02-22-10 06:41 PM
    If the actual password has been reset on both these email accounts, it is not the BIS doing it. Sounds to me like you may need to come with new passwords and tell them to NO one.
    02-22-10 06:57 PM
    I don't tell my passwords to anyone. I just found it strange that both my Yahoo and GMail were reset within hours of each other.

The only thing I can think of is that when the phone is checking the server, somehow it keeps an old password in it's memory, which it then tries numerous times until Yahoo and Google think someone's hacking into my account.

Does BIS require a password re-validation at all?
    02-23-10 10:34 AM
    I don't tell my passwords to anyone. I just found it strange that both my Yahoo and GMail were reset within hours of each other.

The only thing I can think of is that when the phone is checking the server, somehow it keeps an old password in it's memory, which it then tries numerous times until Yahoo and Google think someone's hacking into my account.

Does BIS require a password re-validation at all?
    THe only time the BIS will invalidate an account is when it cannot communicate with the server. THen you need to revalidate with your existing password. It will not reset a password.
    02-23-10 04:04 PM
    Have you tried BlackBerry Internet Service and logged in to view things there?

If not PM me and I will help you out.
    02-26-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD