I currently have my Pearl 8130 which I have no major issues with, but I am eligible to upgrade. Are there any new releases rumored for Verizon by the end of the year that would be worth waiting for? I am obviously going to have to go in a new direction (Curve, Bold, Storm, Pearl Flip, etc.) I like the size of my Pearl, but it obviously isn't a choice anymore.

Any advice?
    Last edited by elett01; 07-06-10 at 12:05 PM.
    07-06-10 12:00 PM
    nothing official or rumored (yet), but I just can't see GSM carriers being the only ones to get the new Pearl 3G. Of course the 8100 saw a second revision for GSM (8110/8120) when the first CDMA revision (8130) came out.

In a nutshell, if ya like what ya got, and have no pressing reasons to upgrade (example: must have application was upgraded, now won't run on older BB / hardware issues) than you have the luxury of waiting to see what's coming out, and Verizon isn't forcing you to get rid of the Pearl.
    07-06-10 12:24 PM
    In a nutshell, if ya like what ya got, and have no pressing reasons to upgrade (example: must have application was upgraded, now won't run on older BB / hardware issues) than you have the luxury of waiting to see what's coming out, and Verizon isn't forcing you to get rid of the Pearl.
    Agreed. If you love your Pearl, then don't upgrade yet. Never know whats on the horizon for Verizon soon! lol
    07-06-10 03:21 PM
    I went from the 8130 to the 9650. Best decision I ever made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 03:32 PM
    Same here, I have a 8330 curve, Im eligible for an upgrade and would like a BB with wifi in it... I was tempted to jump carriers but the whole family is on verizon so it just doesnt make sense to do that. Im reading and reading.. like everything about the 8330 (tho its sometimes slowwwwwww)... just wish it had wifi...

I read on, thanks all...
    07-06-10 05:32 PM
    8330? Why would you want one of those? Jump on over to the 9650 Bold if you want a fast device with WiFi. Great phone.
    07-06-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD