*DISCLAIMER*: While VZW is handling things VERY badly, they began the poor service before even asking what handset I was interested in, so it's not like they are trying to avoid selling a BlackBerry. They're just sucking at customer service.

So, with this month's newsletter that VZW emails out, I see them trying to entice me to take advantage of a promo to trade my handset for a new one. I had just downgraded my plan and a new Z30 would have been a bit less than what I had before, so I figure, hey, let's give them a call.

I shouldn't have bothered. The first rep transferred me to telesales, then that telesales agent cold transferred me BACK to customer service. Customer service then said I still needed telesales and transferred me again. By now I'm pretty pissed off and demand a supervisor. I speak with one, and while they claim not to know about the email I received and why their system won't let them do it, he offers to speak with the customer loyalty department and call me back the next day around 9AM...

They did not call back, and when I try calling THEM back, I get a very rude telesales agent that tries to start the entire process over again from the beginning. As I'm not interested in that, he proceeds to interrupt me and attempts to talk over me to make me shut up as I'm demanding a supervisor. He also attempted to refuse to get me a supervisor, but finally did so. The issue still is not resolved or explained and I'm thinking of just eating the ETF to not deal with a carrier that treats it's customers this rudely.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:49 AM
    Try contacting the president for your area, and his/her staff should be able to help you. From this page you should be able to find a contact form for the one for your area, use it and put the details in there and someone will get back to you and trust me they WILL resolve your issue....

Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless
    EchoesFX likes this.
    03-26-14 12:16 PM
    Sounds like just about every good thing about Verizon is gone. Such a shame the company has turned into such a hassle to deal with.
    03-28-14 05:40 PM
    I ended up getting a hold of the loyalty department last night and got to the bottom of why they can't enter the order, but they stated that in May I should be able to and that they would call me to set it up then.

They also changed my plan from the $55 one with 250MB I had just downgraded to over to a Loyalty $50 1GB/mo plan, so I guess that's good.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:20 PM
    I ended up getting a hold of the loyalty department last night and got to the bottom of why they can't enter the order, but they stated that in May I should be able to and that they would call me to set it up then.

They also changed my plan from the $55 one with 250MB I had just downgraded to over to a Loyalty $50 1GB/mo plan, so I guess that's good.

Posted via CB10
    What is the reason they can't do it until May?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:41 AM
    I was able to early edge two phones on my plan months ahead of when my upgrades were do. All I did was go to the Verizon store and swap the devices in person. Not sure why you are having such a hassle. That sucks. Maybe go to a store in person as I know that works. Like I said I did it twice at two different stores so it works.

I was also able to get a early upgrade on my account without edge by calling in. Sometimes it just depends who you get on the other end.
    Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:20 PM