Hi, I have a verizon phone now but I want to switch to a blackberry but I'm not eligable for an upgrade. I am considering buying a phone off of ebay. Could I activate this as my new phone for free? Thanks
    08-28-08 11:04 PM
    as long as it's locked to verizon yes
    08-28-08 11:05 PM
    U will have to update to a new plan also that includes blackberry data and mail
    08-28-08 11:19 PM
    heres what i do. i keep my device in tip top shape so that i can sell it on ebay. i get clearprotector or bse and put it on the device that helps alot.

yes you can buy one on ebay. what are u using now? blackberry is doing a student trade in prog where u get so much off if you have a newer or nicer phone it dont have to be a blackberry for them to accept it , check the link i provided

BlackBerry - Students
    08-28-08 11:31 PM
    Yes you could use the device as long as its with your carrier.
    08-28-08 11:45 PM
    k....ebay....has been known for not-so-good things. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen friends and heard of friends buying phones off ebay...only for it to be stolen. If someone steals a phone and sells it on ebay...you can't activate it. You can't do anything with it. Because it's been flagged. GET THE ESN NUMBER FROM THE SELLER. Run the esn number by a store or call customer service to see if it's lost/stolen. Otherwise you can take your wallet and throw it in the furnace cuz ebay won't do anything about it.
    08-30-08 03:09 AM
    ALso make sure that the seller has eith another BB or has deleted and BIS account. I would also ask if the device was on BES. Even if a security wipe has been done, there could still be IT policies on it. THey can be removed with tips from here, but involves OS install.
    08-30-08 07:06 AM
    Another option is to look on craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums. Select your state and area and see if anyone is selling around you. This way you can meet them in person. Also you can look in the marketplace of crackberry.com. Less likely to be fraudulent. I have had good sucess this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:47 AM
    if you buy a phone always make sure that the seller has 2000 worth of buyer protection on his listing , if the seller is a notible seller they will have that. never buy something with the 200$ buyer protection if the auciton is more than 200 bucks. cause if you have a prob with it, paypal will back you up no matter what. my bro bought an imac, it turned otu to be messed up, we had a war wtih the seller, we are getting our money back slowly. he chose one with only 200 bucks of buyer protection, we got that right away. always make sure ur protected

heres an example of someone with 200$ buyer protection which is fine cause its only a 50$ auction

used Blackberry 7750 VZW - eBay (item 300252581759 end time Sep-01-08 17:23:56 PDT)

heres someone with 2000 buyer protection that will cover you if you use paypal so if you choose something over 200 bucks make sure ur protected if theres a prob. and u have 30 days i think to file a disbute. paypal is good about that process

AT&T RIM BLACKBERRY CURVE 8310 CINGULAR MOBILE W PHONE! - eBay (item 120299958308 end time Aug-30-08 19:49:50 PDT)
    08-30-08 09:24 PM
    heres what i do. i keep my device in tip top shape so that i can sell it on ebay. i get clearprotector or bse and put it on the device that helps alot.

yes you can buy one on ebay. what are u using now? blackberry is doing a student trade in prog where u get so much off if you have a newer or nicer phone it dont have to be a blackberry for them to accept it , check the link i provided

BlackBerry - Students
    Best deal going on right now.....!!!!!
    08-30-08 10:45 PM
    I got my 8830 and my wife a pearl for less than 85 each so as long as you are careful and get from reputable people you should be ok.
    Last edited by tryzub; 09-03-08 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-03-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD