My 9930 should be arriving by tortoise on Monday.

My question is two-fold. Can I easily make the switch between the 9650 and the 9930. And then, while learning the ropes and possibly playing with aspect of the 9930 can I switch back so that I have a WORKING phone and data plan? I've got a few doctors' appts and a minor surgery coming up and I want a working phone in the interim.

In other words is it easy to go from one to the other and back.

Thanks in advance.
    02-26-12 12:45 AM
    Why would you want to switch back?

Anyway, you can activate the phone on your account via the MyVerizon webpage. Then on the device, log in with your BlackBerry ID and all your BIS information will be switched over.

Alternately, you can activate a phone by dialing *228 on the device and selecting Option 1. Then do the log in with a BlackBerry ID.
    02-26-12 07:18 AM
    Yes, i don't see why F2 can't do it.
    02-26-12 07:21 AM
    byul, you really are EVERYWHERE!

Switchbeach, just in case I don't get the hang of the newer phone or the new phone hangs me. Hoping that does not happen but want to be prepared. I've only moved once myself when Verizon replaced my Tour with the 9650 Bold and while that went fine, it was a while ago.
    02-26-12 11:27 AM
    Trust me. You won't want to go back.
    02-26-12 11:36 AM
    Mhuaha. Don't think of the bad things that can happen, think on the positive side.
    It's good to be prepared if something isn't quite working out for you.
    But you won't regret it, we have the 99XX's and we know how it is.
    All you need to do now is, you gotta take the plunge man!
    02-26-12 11:41 AM
    You are talking to a guy who has refused to upgrade the 9650 to OS6. I refused to lose Column View. But the Best Buy offer of the 9930 for FREE was just too hard to resist as hard as they made it to actually order the darn thing. That was $200 cheaper than Verizon - for that price, I decided I could afford it.
    02-26-12 04:02 PM
    Oh I HATED OS 6 on my 9650. I upgraded to OS 6 three times and each time went back to OS 5 withing 2 days.

But OS 7.1 and the 9930 will make you not want to go back at all.
    02-26-12 05:09 PM
    Oh I HATED OS 6 on my 9650. I upgraded to OS 6 three times and each time went back to OS 5 withing 2 days.

But OS 7.1 and the 9930 will make you not want to go back at all.
    Sounds good. "Out for Delivery" which explains why me and my signature on sitting home waiting on a sunny day rather than out skiing in the sunny mountains.
    02-27-12 11:34 AM
    It's not as easy switching phones on cdma as it is on gsm and just moving you're sim card but can be done.
    02-27-12 11:53 AM
    It came and it quickly drove to a Verizon store where they had the Otterbox Defender. Now encased. While there I forgot I needed a sdmicro/mini/miniscule card. Trying to decide between 16/32gig.

Still not activated but I did do Switch Device and was surprised what carried over - including wifi-setup for home and tons of apps (whether they work has not been established).

What I can't figure out is how to see Icons below the two rows shown. Sometimes I can scroll down and see all the rest of them and sometimes I'm stuck and can't get DOWN below. I'm trying it with the trackpad - there must be a trick. Ahhhhhhhhh. CLICK on the ALL (or what I guess would be the TitleBar)

Nice phone. Surprised though, I guess I did not realize it got "substantially" wider and that battery is incredibly thin. It is more like my old 8830WE. So thin yielded to wide.
    Last edited by F2; 02-28-12 at 11:29 AM.
    02-28-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD