My dad is due for an upgrade in december 09 or january 10...They usually let us upgrade early but my dad does not want to get a new phone...he just likes his simple basic cheap phone...So I want to get the droid or storm II using his upgrade and have my number put on it...is it easier just having them upgrade my dads number to the droid at the store and then switching it to my number when I get home? I feel that they would be more willing to upgrade his phone earlier if its his phone were upgrading rather than doing the alternate upgrade...my mom does have a hookup at verizon however so i dunno
    Last edited by abooch1; 10-29-09 at 12:03 AM.
    10-28-09 10:21 PM
    They can usually help you do the ESN swap at the store too.
    10-28-09 10:54 PM
    *snickers*
    his mom has a hookup at a verizon store...
    10-29-09 08:12 AM
    Store is much easier. The system has a dropdown for alternate upgrade so it's seamless.
    10-29-09 08:52 PM
    I always do mine at home and have never had a problem. I don't go into VZW stores for help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:14 AM
    My dad is due for an upgrade in december 09 or january 10...They usually let us upgrade early but my dad does not want to get a new phone...he just likes his simple basic cheap phone...So I want to get the droid or storm II using his upgrade and have my number put on it...is it easier just having them upgrade my dads number to the droid at the store and then switching it to my number when I get home? I feel that they would be more willing to upgrade his phone earlier if its his phone were upgrading rather than doing the alternate upgrade...my mom does have a hookup at verizon however so i dunno

ha ha, cute.
    10-30-09 01:02 PM
    I had the same done, I upgraded my phone to the tour on my wifes number. Done in store without problem
    10-30-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD