Tech support told me I could early upgrade in July when I called because I tried to blow my 8330 with 30+ apps. What's the difference between having to wait until April '11?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 01:58 PM
    Usually you'll pay a 20-25 dollar early upgrade fee and you won't have a NE2 discount (usually 30-50 dollars).
    03-01-10 03:10 PM
    Another thing to consider is early upgrades on a familyshare plan *only* apply to the main line.

On top of all that, there's the online system, which at some points appears to have a mind of its own. Check there for any extra deals. It may allow early upgrades on otherwise ineligible lines, or may waive the fee, or may offer something altogether different. You will need to be logged in to see any such deals if they apply to you.
    03-01-10 03:12 PM
    sometimes though they will waive the 20 early upgrade fee.
    03-01-10 03:21 PM
    So no discount and pay more on top of that?

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to login and check around in July!

I'm just to ready to shed my 8330! I love apps to much for this phone and I think this may be the end of the line for me and BB with options like Droid and Pre.
    03-01-10 03:27 PM
    I asked VZ the very same question this morning. They told me that when I upgrade after 1 year instead of 2, I lose the new every 2 deal and I pay what they refer to as a 1 year upgrade price, which is higher than the 2 year upgrade price.
    03-01-10 03:29 PM
    Ok! So I'll check in-store and online and compare! I'd imagine tech looking at my acct would know I'm not the main line. I don't know if we are really on a family plan...its just the two of us (and a 5 yo with a play phone lol). I'd have to check into that!

4 more mos! Maybe to pass the time I'll go into a store and play with the two and decide!
    03-01-10 03:32 PM
    It all depends on how bad you want a new phone if it's worth it all. I love when they offer me early upgrades. I'm sitting on a NE2 and every time I go in they are always pushing a Droid. No thanks, I have an Eris and it just sits. I love my Storm2.

03-01-10 10:27 PM
    Noone has offered me an early upgrade. I'm interested in checking out the Pre + too.

03-02-10 10:06 AM
    ^ call CS most of time they will not just come out and offer an early upgrade
    03-02-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD