12-30-09 09:12 AM
33 12
tools
    Well, if I have received this email, and I have 3 storms on our plan, does the promotion only apply for the primary line?

*The promotion I am speaking about is the upgrade to Droid or Storm2 for cheap promo.
    11-12-09 07:55 PM
    What does it actually say? Does it reference a specific phone number? What ever the case is the best thing to most likely do is call CS and let them explain all the details
    11-12-09 08:04 PM
    http://crackberry.com/verizon-offeri...rent-customers

I wasn't very specific. This is the promo I am speaking about. And I do not believe it said any specific phone number. I think I will try to call CS when I am free, but if any of you know for sure fill me in! Thanks guys
    11-12-09 08:07 PM
    Any Info on this?
    11-13-09 09:33 AM
    Like I sad before, if you got the mailer and only if you got the mailer, I would call VZW and talk to CS. This is your best bet. This only applies to those that got mailer, not those who see it here.
    11-13-09 09:37 AM
    Like I sad before, if you got the mailer and only if you got the mailer, I would call VZW and talk to CS. This is your best bet. This only applies to those that got mailer, not those who see it here.
    Exactly. Only to those who got the mailer, only for the specified MTN's, and only for select phones.
    11-13-09 09:59 AM
    I also just got an email stating that I am eligible to upgrade early. At the bottom of the email it does list my specific phone number and then says "is eligible for an upgrade". Not sure how it works for multiple lines but in my case it does list the specific line that is eligible for this promotion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-13-09 11:52 AM
    Can someone post the email and/or scan the flyer being mailed out. I just had to pay $329AR for my droid to get rid of that POS BB storm. So I want some refund.
    11-13-09 12:09 PM
    Can someone post the email and/or scan the flyer being mailed out. I just had to pay $329AR for my droid to get rid of that POS BB storm. So I want some refund.
    1. the flyer was posted here.
    2. if you were not eligable to get this offer, no refund is coming.
    3. guess you can call it an invite type of promotion.
    11-13-09 12:12 PM
    Promo is only for targeted customers eligible for a new contract who received the flyer. The promo is put out by a specific business unit. If you weren't in the targeted group, there is no special pricing. It doesn't matter where it was posted.

Eligible phone numbers were listed & accounts flagged & you are required to call a certain number to get the pricing.

So no, I would say no refunds are in your future, but do enjoy your new phone.
    11-13-09 01:50 PM
    Yea,

I got it today, not for the primary line but for one of my secondary lines.
    They know that the NE2 is within 5 months and the contract is about to expire.
    It's a way to get you to commit to a contract early.
    11-13-09 02:08 PM
    I got the same e-mail and if I remember correctly the eligible number was at the top of the page in white so you barely see it at first. The eligible number on my account is a secondary line. My question is is it possible to get the same for my other lines even if they are not eligible.
    11-13-09 04:48 PM
    huh?? i didnt get 1 - -*
    11-13-09 05:08 PM
    As previously stated, this promo is only to targeted customers. The accounts have special flags on them so calling up saying you got the flyer but misplaced it won't work

11-13-09 05:57 PM
    Just got back from taking advantage of the deal (I got the mailer). FYI, you don't have to call; any Verizon store can also do it, but...

It's not clearly flagged on your account anywhere and it's not noted, so if you go into the store they won't have a record of the deal. It looks like they weren't told about it either. They have to try and ring up the device for it to show the promo price for Early Upgrade. Only applies to the line for which you got the mailer (probably your primary).

It basically lets you buy a new DROID or Storm2 at the 2year contract price, with NO rebate requirement. It extends your current contract by two years. So for me, I was 1 year in, renewing just added 1 more year to my term. A reset of the contract, in other words. Which I don't really mind, because I don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon.

Storm2 under this deal is $179; no need to send in a rebate request, it gets applied as an instant rebate. DROID is $199; same thing, no rebate requirement.

They were really trying to push me towards the DROID, claiming the Storm2 is "not much different" than the first Storm. I laughed at that and proceeded to list the differences; better screen, better responsiveness, better touch, better typing, Wi-Fi, larger memory card...they went into a tirade about the DROID being the best phone since sliced bread, and for someone who wants a consumer grade phone, maybe it is. But I choose Blackberry for a reason.

Anyway, so that's the deal. DROID or Storm2, renews contract, get 2 year contract price, no rebate requirement.
    11-14-09 12:42 PM
    Just got back from taking advantage of the deal (I got the mailer). FYI, you don't have to call; any Verizon store can also do it, but...

It's not clearly flagged on your account anywhere and it's not noted, so if you go into the store they won't have a record of the deal. It looks like they weren't told about it either. They have to try and ring up the device for it to show the promo price for Early Upgrade. Only applies to the line for which you got the mailer (probably your primary).

It basically lets you buy a new DROID or Storm2 at the 2year contract price, with NO rebate requirement. It extends your current contract by two years. So for me, I was 1 year in, renewing just added 1 more year to my term. A reset of the contract, in other words. Which I don't really mind, because I don't plan on leaving Verizon anytime soon.

Storm2 under this deal is $179; no need to send in a rebate request, it gets applied as an instant rebate. DROID is $199; same thing, no rebate requirement.

They were really trying to push me towards the DROID, claiming the Storm2 is "not much different" than the first Storm. I laughed at that and proceeded to list the differences; better screen, better responsiveness, better touch, better typing, Wi-Fi, larger memory card...they went into a tirade about the DROID being the best phone since sliced bread, and for someone who wants a consumer grade phone, maybe it is. But I choose Blackberry for a reason.

Anyway, so that's the deal. DROID or Storm2, renews contract, get 2 year contract price, no rebate requirement.
    The deal is to allow you to upgrade early to any smartphone. I am 6 months into my Verizon contract and have 3 lines. I saw this bieng talked about in another thread and decided to call Verizon about the deal. I was told that they didn't know any thing about it and only if i get something in the mail or get a special e-mail that they will honor it and upgrade me early. I politely hung up and said i will wait to see if i get the mailer or e-mail.

On Friday i decided to call and say that my wife got the e-mail about it. As soon as i said "My wife told me about a special promotion Verizon was having to let us upgrade early" the rep then said "Yes, Verizon has a promotion that is letting the primary number upgrade to any smartphone". I jumped on it and said to order the Droid for my wife.

In the process of ordering the phone i asked if there was anyway the other lines can upgrade and they said yes. I then ordered one more Droid and a Storm 9550. Got confirmation of order being shipped in about two hours after i hung up.

Oh yea, got instant rebate without asking for it.
    11-14-09 11:19 PM
    I got the Droid using the early upgrade, I called customer service to confirm before I went to the store. they said I could get any new smartphone now.

Went to the store and only paid 199 (instant rebate) the sales rep and I were both really surprised when it rang up like that, but neither of us complained! I like not having to worry about mailing stuff in.
    11-15-09 12:09 AM
    I didn't want to start a new thread over this so I figured I would resurrect this one. I received the early upgrade form in both a mailer and an email. I have a family plan with two lines, and the email specifically stated that this was for my secondary line (since I just got a Tour 5 months ago on my primary line.) Well after researching the Droid and playing with it for a while I decided I would try to use this to upgrade to one.

I've been emailing Verizon about this because I have not had time to go into a store. I was told that this offer was sent to me in error because 'secondary lines are not eligible for early upgrades'.

Seriously? If this in fact was an error on Verizon's part, shouldn't they honor it? I am thinking of taking the ad into a store this weekend and talking to someone in person.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?
    12-04-09 05:14 PM
    I didn't want to start a new thread over this so I figured I would resurrect this one. I received the early upgrade form in both a mailer and an email. I have a family plan with two lines, and the email specifically stated that this was for my secondary line (since I just got a Tour 5 months ago on my primary line.) Well after researching the Droid and playing with it for a while I decided I would try to use this to upgrade to one.

I've been emailing Verizon about this because I have not had time to go into a store. I was told that this offer was sent to me in error because 'secondary lines are not eligible for early upgrades'.

Seriously? If this in fact was an error on Verizon's part, shouldn't they honor it? I am thinking of taking the ad into a store this weekend and talking to someone in person.

I received 2 in the mail, both for my brother's phone number which is the secondary number on my family plan. I think the person you talked to was wrong. My brother hasn't decided yet if he's going to upgrade, but both things in the mail had his phone number on it.
    12-04-09 08:07 PM
    Disagree. I didn't receive the email. I called the CS number on the email that was posted here on crackberry. I said that I "had" an email (true..the copy I printed out from here) and asked if I was eligible. CS rep put me on hold for a minute or 2 and then approved the whole deal. No problem.

12-04-09 11:04 PM

Bring in the flyer with you.

12-05-09 06:44 AM
    I feel left out, I'm one month away from an upgrade, still rocking the pearl. I have a family plan as well, so what are the specifics, anyone know? Or maybe I deleted the email or who knows. Any suggestions? Call or live chat maybe?

12-07-09 08:56 PM
    To those printing the ad and bringing it into a store what are you printing? Just the pic that pictures the 2 phones? If something different link please?

12-08-09 01:12 AM
    To those printing the ad and bringing it into a store what are you printing? Just the pic that pictures the 2 phones? If something different link please?

It needs to be a flyer sent to you. Because I can make a flyer and print it out. And it could say free phone and service. Doesn't mean its valid.

12-08-09 09:07 AM
    the add from the email.. that people have gotten from here and taken from to a verizon store. im curious as to what exactly they printed out?
    Its worth a try to me, if you dissagree please spare me the reply if they dont accept it thats fine i will wait until my upgrade date if they do allow it.. well VZW upgrades people all the time and this offer is a promotion for SALES to them I dont think a sale is going to hurt them on top of recieving my payment for atleast 2 more years. please keep a negative response to yourself
    12-08-09 10:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD