I received 2 filers in the mail to receive a new Droid or Storm2. I unfortunately didn't keep them. I called today and tried to order new phone and the rep could not find anything on my account. Does any know if there was a special number to call or something?
    12-30-09 12:37 PM
    If your VOICE plan is over 59 you're probably eligible for an annual upgrade, regardless of the flier.
    12-30-09 12:57 PM
    I was told that I did qualify for the one early upgrade, but no until March. This was a special deal I am not sure if it was just for former Alltel customers or not.
    12-30-09 02:05 PM
    When did your contract start?
    12-30-09 11:22 PM
    I was told that I did qualify for the one early upgrade, but no until March. This was a special deal I am not sure if it was just for former Alltel customers or not.
    If you've got Alltel equipment and are still on an Alltel plan, and you can get a rep that's had the new Alltel training, and you're willing to switch whole hog over to a VZW plan, the rep should be able to get his supervisor to sign off on M2s for all the lines on your account that aren't eligible for upgrade, assuming that he's had the Alltel training as well. One of the most stressed points in the Alltel training we just got at my call center was on getting Alltel customers to move over to VZW plans and phones.
    12-30-09 11:28 PM
    I may have had the samething as you, was contacted back in november about an early upgrade. My plan is next month, the early upgrade was ONLY for a smartphone. It didnt show up on my account, just had to call and verify that I could upgrade to a smart phone.
    12-31-09 08:13 AM
    Hooray! My wife found a special number to call using google image search. There was a pic a the postcard we received. I called and the number was for a different region but the rep transfered me to someone who could help. So now I have a new Storm2 for me and a Tour for my wife on the way. We got to stay on the Alltel plan we have now. Our device insurance is going up $1 each but that is all. We were not able to get the BOGO deal but didn't have to deal with a mail in rebate either so needless to say I am a happy Verizon customer.
    12-31-09 08:57 AM
    Hooray! My wife found a special number to call using google image search. There was a pic a the postcard we received. I called and the number was for a different region but the rep transfered me to someone who could help. So now I have a new Storm2 for me and a Tour for my wife on the way. We got to stay on the Alltel plan we have now. Our device insurance is going up $1 each but that is all. We were not able to get the BOGO deal but didn't have to deal with a mail in rebate either so needless to say I am a happy Verizon customer.
    Good job! I'm glad it worked out for you.

How about those Huskers last night!!!!! Glad to see a Husker fan on here!
    12-31-09 09:00 AM
    Hey folks. On the early upgrade, does the contract extension start from the date of upgrade or is it tacked onto the end of your existing contract?
    01-02-10 11:02 PM
    Hey folks. On the early upgrade, does the contract extension start from the date of upgrade or is it tacked onto the end of your existing contract?
    You start a new 2-year contract the day you upgrade.
    01-03-10 01:13 AM
    i had this exact same thing happen to me. i received a flier in the mail telling me that a line on my family plan was eligibile for an upgrade i went to the store without the flier and they told me the flier must have gotten to my house late because i had allready used the upgrade, which was true but i still felt a little screwed since they got my hopes up.
    01-03-10 01:58 AM
    I may have had the samething as you, was contacted back in november about an early upgrade. My plan is next month, the early upgrade was ONLY for a smartphone. It didnt show up on my account, just had to call and verify that I could upgrade to a smart phone.
    There were fliers that went out near the introduction of the Droid series, giving people the ability to upgrade earlier than the early upgrade program. Those were only good through November 30th.
    01-03-10 06:22 AM
    If you've got Alltel equipment and are still on an Alltel plan, and you can get a rep that's had the new Alltel training, and you're willing to switch whole hog over to a VZW plan, the rep should be able to get his supervisor to sign off on M2s for all the lines on your account that aren't eligible for upgrade, assuming that he's had the Alltel training as well. One of the most stressed points in the Alltel training we just got at my call center was on getting Alltel customers to move over to VZW plans and phones.
    I wonder what exactly the trainers told the trainees (reps.) because that "stressed point" has led to a lot of customer confusion. Search the threads and you will find all the confusion. The trainees (reps.) walk out of training with that "stressed point" stuck in their head and when a customer comes in, the rep. ends up telling un-true things to the customer because they got pressured in training. This makes the reps. and VZW look bad and a very upset customer when they find out they could have kept or can keep their Alltel plan but was told something different by a rep.. Just a bad business way to be training employees.
    How many times where the trainees told to tell the customer that they can keep their Alltel plan? Probably wasn't brought up.
    Last edited by HDtechmachinist; 01-03-10 at 12:12 PM.
    01-03-10 10:48 AM
    There were fliers that went out near the introduction of the Droid series, giving people the ability to upgrade earlier than the early upgrade program. Those were only good through November 30th.
    Yeah, I was all excited, like, "hey, I can get a droid". Then I backed up a step, made a few phone calls, and found out I was eligible for my 'annual upgrade' now, which means I can hold out for to see what's coming up around the corner.
    01-03-10 02:02 PM
    I wonder what exactly the trainers told the trainees (reps.) because that "stressed point" has led to a lot of customer confusion. Search the threads and you will find all the confusion. The trainees (reps.) walk out of training with that "stressed point" stuck in their head and when a customer comes in, the rep. ends up telling un-true things to the customer because they got pressured in training. This makes the reps. and VZW look bad and a very upset customer when they find out they could have kept or can keep their Alltel plan but was told something different by a rep.. Just a bad business way to be training employees.
    How many times where the trainees told to tell the customer that they can keep their Alltel plan? Probably wasn't brought up.
    Not true at all, but that's the attitude I've come to expect from some people who post in this forum.

For example, I told a customer just two days ago that she should keep that alltel unlimited mobile broadband plan until she either wants to upgrade to some future faster mobile broadband 4g or 5g plan or can't get a needed replacement unit that would be compatible.

Not only are we told to inform the customer that they can stay on their plans, (Note, we aren't supposed to mention this, but it does work) there's even a loophole to get "new" service with an Alltel plan. You can add a line of service to an Alltel family plan. You can then split that line off as a single Alltel line. Which can then be AOL'd. Anyone who understands that you can still add lines of service to an Alltel plan, should be able to figure out that loophole.

The "stressed" point from that training is to provide incentives for Alltel customers to switch. Not to lie to them. I really don't think you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Believe it or not, there's no one standing at the end of a row of desks in Verizon call centers giving every rep the evil eye when they don't gouge every possible extra dime from the customer.
    01-03-10 03:49 PM
    My early upgrade flier, from Verizon, is good until January 31. Got it in November with Droid pix on it. A store rep told me that I can upgrade at the promo price for any smartphone. Including S2. Am waiting until last possible moment for Essex arrival.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD