I got a early upgrade letter from Vzw today. The only problem is I am waiting for the Niagra
    03-17-09 06:12 PM
    Its okay - don't use the upgrade until you're ready to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 06:14 PM
    its only good til the end of April. So i guess I have to wait for my new every 2 in October
    03-17-09 06:16 PM
    Interesting - is your 2 years up in October or is that when MyVerizon tells you that you're eligible?

03-17-09 06:18 PM
    thats when vzw tells me I'm eligible.
    03-17-09 06:34 PM
    That's good - not too far off & a little time to work out OS bugs & such.

Was the letter officially VZW or is there reseller fine print somewhere?

03-17-09 06:53 PM
    its only good til the end of April. So i guess I have to wait for my new every 2 in October
    VZW marketing is prob targeting you since you have a Pearl and want to offer you a Curve or Storm dirt cheap. If you can get $100 off of a Storm, that is a heck of a deal. With MR2 to be released SOON, we may finally have the BB as good as advertised.

Twins is right tho, by then the 9630 will prob be out and hopefully the 1st couple rounds of updates to work out the bugs will be too. Just know that if the device comes out in the 3rd quarter and your upgrade date is October, be prepared to have a Blackberry with issues.
    03-17-09 08:50 PM
    Im pretty sure the upgrade thing never runs out.
    They said mine wouldn't if i waited.
    03-17-09 09:38 PM
    Your early upgrade should not run out....I work for a retailer and I have never seen them run out....they probably are just trying to scare you to use it now.
    03-17-09 09:44 PM
    the early upgrade for blackberry is a(n) early promotion to get you into a storm and clear out the remaining curve pearl and world edition blackberry's. The 100.00 credit will expire if you do not take advantage of the promotion before the expiration date however you will recieve your new every two credit of 100.00 if you wait until your two years is up in october.
    otherwise if you have a price plan of 59.99 or higher you are eligible for a(n) annual upgrade every year from your date of purchase so if you bought your phone october of 2007 you were able to upgrade october of 2008 but you resign your 2 year contract and pay the 2 year price again then receive a 50.00 mail in rebate
    03-17-09 10:11 PM
    the early upgrade for blackberry is a(n) early promotion to get you into a storm and clear out the remaining curve pearl and world edition blackberry's. The 100.00 credit will expire if you do not take advantage of the promotion before the expiration date however you will recieve your new every two credit of 100.00 if you wait until your two years is up in october.
    otherwise if you have a price plan of 59.99 or higher you are eligible for a(n) annual upgrade every year from your date of purchase so if you bought your phone october of 2007 you were able to upgrade october of 2008 but you resign your 2 year contract and pay the 2 year price again then receive a 50.00 mail in rebate
    is this included even if you are on a 2 year plan??

i.e. i signed up in oct of 2008 for a 2 year plan... does this mean i am eligible for an upgrade this oct instead of waiting until 2010?
    03-18-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD