08-12-14 08:04 PM
32 12
tools
    After five replacements it's one of two things 1) user error 2) wanting a new phone because your screen flickered.
    12-17-09 04:38 PM
    Is there a reason Verizon is so strict with their upgrade policy? I understand they can not give away phones but in alot of cases, the discount price is just what the phone should actually be retailing for and there is not really a "discount."

I wish it would just reach a point where you could buy the device independent of the service provider and you would not have to worry about contracts and upgrades and the like.
    12-17-09 05:42 PM
    Is there a reason Verizon is so strict with their upgrade policy? I understand they can not give away phones but in alot of cases, the discount price is just what the phone should actually be retailing for and there is not really a "discount."

I wish it would just reach a point where you could buy the device independent of the service provider and you would not have to worry about contracts and upgrades and the like.
    You can, from the manafacturer and surprise it costs just as much. The wireless carrier is a seller of wireless service. They sell phones, to use the service.
    12-17-09 05:54 PM
    Businesses (Verizon Wireless and the manufacturers) have to make money, and its not by selling the phone at what it cost to produce it...
    12-17-09 06:05 PM
    I'm not sure if you're being serious or joking. The cell companies make money from the service. I'm not a manufacturer, but I have to think it cost much more than 50 or 100 bucks to build a Storm, or Eris, - after development costs.

You can barely buy a digital camera for 100.00 (let's not argue the value of 39 dollar cameras)
    12-17-09 06:30 PM
    After five replacements it's one of two things 1) user error 2) wanting a new phone because your screen flickered.
    Or its a crappy product....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    illitero likes this.
    12-17-09 06:30 PM
    I hate the way I don't know how to keep up on forum topics, haha. I ended upgrading to the Pre+ a month after my contract was up and loved it. But anyway, to stay on topic...

I was very good to those Pearls. Always kept them in the OEM slip; none of them ever had a mark on them. Like many people on this forum, I have technical knowledge and understand how these things function. Regular trackball maintenance was a thing back then, haha. These phones just misbehaved in an odd way, plus I just have terrible luck. There was one that I had for only two or three weeks before it would just randomly activate the camera and refuse to do anything else until I pulled the battery; even after a fresh OS installation. One time it did it when I was needing to place a call while driving. So I stopped what I was doing to go to the nearest corporate Verizon location. I walked in, humorously explained the situation and showed it to a rep, and they offered nothing to me. It took three separate visits with demonstration and finally a complaint to a manager to get a replacement.
    08-12-14 08:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD