I am currently using an LG Voyeger as my phone. I am a secondary line on a family share plan (my mom being the primary). We are not VIP members and my 2yr upgrade is Nov 8/09 and this is the earliest upgrade in my family's plan.

I would very much like to upgrade to the Blackberry Tour ASAP. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has gotten an early upgrade and would be willing to help me out by telling me how they went out doing so.

Any VZW reps your help would be greatly appreciated on the correct way to go about getting an early upgrade. I may be wrong, but I thought that by upgrading early to a Blackberry would allow Verizon to get more money since I would have to upgrade my family share plan with a BIS plan which would be an additional $30 each month for verizon.

Any help and tips is appreaciated...Thanks for you time!
    07-11-09 04:33 PM
    This question has been asked ad-nauseum in this forum over the past two weeks. Looking down the list of threads will reveal several. Search will show the rest.

You can call 611 and ask them if they will move up your date. The problem is, when they do this, 30 days seems to be the maximum - not 120.

A common misperception is that the carriers make more money with BlackBerry plans than dumbphones or advanced devices. In reality, they make less. Where you pay $15 for your data plan now, compared to $30 for BlackBerry, VZW has to pay RIM for the connectivity to their servers. Some estimates put this figure at about 50%. Throw in the higher phone subsidies & dramatic increase in support calls, they make less.

There is more incentive for carriers to get you into a WinMo/Palm/Android/Symbian phone, as the carrier provides all of the connectivity.

You can upgrade now - you will just pay more money for the phone. And, a lot of advanced device users regret the move to a smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:48 PM
    He's not 120 days out Twin. His upgrade days is 8/09. We're in July .

Depending on your payment history and tenure we may do it. I don't see why not though.
    07-11-09 05:19 PM
    I am currently using an LG Voyeger as my phone. I am a secondary line on a family share plan (my mom being the primary). We are not VIP members and my 2yr upgrade is Nov 8/09 and this is the earliest upgrade in my family's plan.

I would very much like to upgrade to the Blackberry Tour ASAP. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has gotten an early upgrade and would be willing to help me out by telling me how they went out doing so.

Any VZW reps your help would be greatly appreciated on the correct way to go about getting an early upgrade. I may be wrong, but I thought that by upgrading early to a Blackberry would allow Verizon to get more money since I would have to upgrade my family share plan with a BIS plan which would be an additional $30 each month for verizon.

Any help and tips is appreaciated...Thanks for you time!
    Check this post here and get detailed instructions on how to get the upgrade early. http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ask...ml#post3011690
    07-11-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD