An interesting thing happened today. Received a text message from VZW on my primary phone on my account that said "A Family Share line on your account has been selected for a special offer and is now eligible for a new phone at our promotional prices w/ a new 2 yr agreement. For details, call 888-483-4934 today!" So I call when I get home tonight thinking it is my primary line since it is due for an annual upgrade on 31 Jul. The CS rep said after looking at my account she didn't know why I received that e-mail as no lines were eligible until 31 July. I told I thought it was because of the Tour and I was eligible this month as a VIP customer. That didn't budge her she said to call back on 31 Jul. I said ok but you all were the ones who sent me a text to my cell.

Rick
    07-01-09 09:03 PM
    Rep is mis-infomred. There is info in the west area only that lines from like june 29th though July 31 that become eligable for upgrade were changed to allow early upgrades immediatly

Do you know where the rep was that spoke with?

Where are you located?
    07-01-09 09:06 PM
    Lastraid,
    I am in San Antonio, TX. I spoke with Andrea at the 888-483-4934 number listed in the text message I received. She was pretty adamant about not being able to upgrade.

Rick
    07-01-09 09:24 PM
    I am not 100% that TX falls in the west area for the promotion I referenced. I would call the regular 800#. 800-922-0204 and let them know about it and see what they say.

Also do you have a number from any other state west of you?
    07-01-09 09:32 PM
    Cool,
    I will give them a call and post what I findout.

Rick
    07-01-09 09:33 PM
    Spoke with Kelly an East region CSR. She also was not able to place a pre-order for the Tour. She said system kept coming up with quantity not available. She also could not understand why I received the text message. She said to ignore it. She opened a case for me and will try to pre-order early next week.

Rick
    07-01-09 09:51 PM
    p.s. When I spoke with Kelly she said she had just "found out" about the Tour yesterday when another customer called inquiring about an early upgrade also.

Rick
    07-01-09 09:56 PM
    Do people (other reps) really not know about the campaign lookup tool?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:19 PM
    From a marketing standpoint, I would think that VZW and other carriers would want this new device out in the hands of users. I understand the game to lure new users in with low prices, but they should also reward loyal customers. When I got my curve, I had 8 non-VZW, non-BB friends switch within 3 weeks.
    07-03-09 08:19 AM
    I would wait till monday and try to call back and get it done.. alot of systems didnt get the existing customer early upgrade changes..
    07-03-09 09:13 AM
    From a marketing standpoint, I would think that VZW and other carriers would want this new device out in the hands of users. I understand the game to lure new users in with low prices, but they should also reward loyal customers. When I got my curve, I had 8 non-VZW, non-BB friends switch within 3 weeks.
    So whenever a new device is released, anyone should be able to buy it at a discount for the purpose of marketing? That makes zero business sense.

07-03-09 10:14 AM
    Do people (other reps) really not know about the campaign lookup tool?

Ironically, we just got trained on it about a month ago..
    07-03-09 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD