Does anyone else have a substantial delay in getting their email with Verizon service. It regularly takes 15 to 20 minutes longer than I get it on my computer. Today, one took 50 minutes. My friend on Sprint says he gets his within minutes of it showing up on his computer.
    09-04-09 10:07 PM
    Does anyone else have a substantial delay in getting their email with Verizon service. It regularly takes 15 to 20 minutes longer than I get it on my computer. Today, one took 50 minutes. My friend on Sprint says he gets his within minutes of it showing up on his computer.
    Nope - basically instant here. Have you tried taking your battery out for a few? What about going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > *Menu Key* > Register Now?
    09-04-09 10:20 PM
    If that doesn't work send yourself your service books email settings > bb menu key > service books. This will ensure your email settings are correct on the phone. Unless you're using gmail that's notorious for having issues with the bis...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:30 PM
    For some reason all my hotmail messages have recently had a long delay. But all of my other emails (gmail, umiami, and bb.vzw) all come in with little to no delay.
    09-05-09 12:15 AM
    I'm having an issue with my BIS email, as well. I received emails about 20 minutes ago on my desktop and they haven't reached my phone yet. I successfully resent service books to my device and got the registration confirmation for the email address, but have yet to receive anymore messages this morning. It must be some sort of localized BIS downtime.

This downtime has only been going on this morning, after 7am. Prior to that I was getting my messages.
    09-05-09 10:43 AM
    I've been having issues as well. I tried sending out an email and it sends out fine. But the emails on going to my comp have not been making it to my phone.
    Central Jersey
    09-05-09 10:49 AM
    Sounds odd you guys... I'll see what I can do to check it out. I'm at home recouperating; slow on the uptake but I'll bbm one of my teammates.

Btw nice basic t/s steps ts... Awsome... First things I would do too... :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 11:33 AM
    Have resent service books and re-registered with the network, as well as performed a battery pull....still no email to my device.
    09-05-09 12:00 PM
    Have resent service books and re-registered with the network, as well as performed a battery pull....still no email to my device.
    I'm not aware of any scheduled downtime. Normally that is done during the early morning hours anyway.

You could try deleting the e-mail account on the BB and set it back up. You will refresh the polling that way I believe.
    09-05-09 12:27 PM
    It's working now. Current emails are being delivered, but emails from between 7am and 1pm were never delivered to my device and seem to be lost in the ether. They are on my computer, though.

I should note that I have my personal POP email automatically redirected to my BIS device email address (@vzw.blackberry.net) so there is no actual polling, it's pushed. Like I said, I just received two emails that were sent within minutes, so it appears to be working again, but during that time block no email was ever sent to my device.
    09-05-09 12:36 PM
    Why not just setup your POP on your BIS account? The problem could have been in the POP account's forwarding.. Who knows!
    09-05-09 12:50 PM
    Because I prefer push instead of polling. And I also performed a test where I emailed my device email directly from another account, bypassing the forwarding, and it was lost as well.
    09-05-09 01:42 PM
    Thanks guys. I've done the battery pull, re_registered, service books. Went to Verizon today and the tech guy told me sometimes that's the way it is. It could depend on the connection. Oh well. Maybe I'll switch to Sprint next time.
    09-07-09 07:49 PM
    Thanks guys. I've done the battery pull, re_registered, service books. Went to Verizon today and the tech guy told me sometimes that's the way it is. It could depend on the connection. Oh well. Maybe I'll switch to Sprint next time.
    Sorry to hear that would switch over this issue, as it happens with all carriers.
    09-07-09 08:04 PM
    I used to get my e-mails on my BB before they showed up on my MacBook!
    Currently, though, I'm not getting them on my BB at all, because the connection is SNAFU.
    09-07-09 08:19 PM
    I used to get my e-mails on my BB before they showed up on my MacBook!
    Currently, though, I'm not getting them on my BB at all, because the connection is SNAFU.
    I would login to the BIS site on the computer. Delete the email source and rebuild it. I did this yesterday and all is well with the world Sometimes the connection does corrupt a bit. This will refresh the connection, delete and send a new service book, rather than over writing it on the device.
    09-07-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD