After 10 years with US Cell, I divorced from the family plan and moved to Verizon for the Storm last November. (Why? My old IPAQ died, and I really wanted just 1 device.) Other than s - l - o - w browsing, I haven't had too many issues with the data service or the device, and when I have, the Verizon reps have always helped me out. BUT -- I cannot use the device as a phone from where I live! When I initiate a call, it gets dropped within 5 minutes, every single time. And many times when others call me, the call will just ring and ring or go directly to voicemail. I have been told by 2 Verizon techs that my zip code is a "minimal service area" and that I should keep doing a PPL upgrade every few weeks.

I'm very reliant on my Storm for Outlook tasking, calendaring, contacts and I use Docs to Go extensively for Excel files. What other recommendations are out there, other than taking my chances with AT&T for the Bold or holding out for US Cell to come out with a decent Smartphone? Any suggestions?
    06-21-09 06:51 PM
    You should be able to go to att.com and find out if you will have service based on zip codes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 07:27 PM
    I cannot use the device as a phone from where I live! When I initiate a call, it gets dropped within 5 minutes, every single time. And many times when others call me, the call will just ring and ring or go directly to voicemail.
    Why don't more people cancel within the trial period if they aren't happy with the service?
    06-21-09 07:54 PM
    You should be able to go to att.com and find out if you will have service based on zip codes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Zip codes can cover fairly large areas. There will be areas inside that zip code that may not have a good signal, so just typing a zip code will not tell you much.
    06-21-09 09:37 PM
    When you put in your ZIP to check coverage on ATT it will display a map of the area. It will zoom into about a 1000 ft radius. Same thing with the Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile locators.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 06-22-09 at 01:16 PM.
    06-22-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD