This problem is pretty recent. When I first got my curve, I didn't have many problems, but over the past 2 months, it has been REALLY BAD. I can't call anywhere in my home without the call dropping or cutting in and out. I was about ready to throw the thing in the fireplace last night.

I just now did a *228, but I don't know if that will do anything. I'm running .77, and since I haven't been here for a while, I didn't know there is an .89 and a .97. Anyone think either of these would help?
    12-20-08 08:35 AM
    IF the *228 did not help, you will need to call VZW and have them check for outtages, your account, and if needed send it to network to have them check the towers in the area. They will also trouble shoot to see if it is a device issue
    12-20-08 08:48 AM
    Thanks. I'll have to wait to try it out throughout the day and see if there is any change. It is really strange because I never used to have this problem, and now, I can't complete any call, ever at home.
    12-20-08 09:07 AM
    Also if you have not tried a battery reset, try this as well.

Good luck

Also if you are in SO Cal. there have 1x and EVDO outtages in this area over the past 2-3 days
    12-20-08 09:09 AM
    Also if you have not tried a battery reset, try this as well.

Good luck

Also if you are in SO Cal. there have 1x and EVDO outtages in this area over the past 2-3 days
    Yes, I'm in So Cal. It has been especially bad the past few days, maybe that is part of it, but it has been a problem for several weeks now.
    12-20-08 09:17 AM
    I would still call if the tower update does not work for you. Have a great day
    12-20-08 09:19 AM
    I would still call if the tower update does not work for you. Have a great day
    I selected choice 1 when I did the *228. Is that the tower update?
    12-20-08 09:21 AM
    You should only have to do #2. #1 also programs the phone which is not needed but harm done
    12-20-08 09:26 AM
    You should only have to do #2. #1 also programs the phone which is not needed but harm done
    I just called again with option 2 and got "I'm sorry your phone is unable to be programmed at this time. please call _____ from a landline"

OK...just did it again, and got updated succesfully. strange.
    12-20-08 09:32 AM
    If you did the #1 this also updated the tower info. if the #2 just failed try again if this continues then I would definatly call TS at VZW.
    12-20-08 09:34 AM
    If you did the #1 this also updated the tower info. if the #2 just failed try again if this continues then I would definatly call TS at VZW.
    I just got off the phone with vzw. They said the same thing. I'll just have to see now how it works throughout the day. Hopefully that did the trick. I have 3 or 4 bars right now...
    12-20-08 09:48 AM
    Someone on this list told me to do *22899 and I am not sure what it does, but I have seen better reception after doing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 03:31 PM
    *22899 is way to program aircards. THere have always been arguments about this about this for phones. the 99 programs both opt 1 and 2 for an aircard/modem, since you cannot dial this. On a phone option 1 does the same thing.

The last internal documentation inside infomred us not to do a 99 on a phone.
    12-20-08 04:41 PM
    wait a second!! Verizon that great network that does no wrong dropped calls? say it aint so
    12-20-08 04:43 PM
    Commercials and policy neer say no dopped calls. this evil doing can happen, just usually less
    12-20-08 04:46 PM
    haven't had a dropped call since i switched from a treo to bb about months ago. but past week i have had 3, i am in so NJ
    12-20-08 09:23 PM
    HOw is the weather in NJ? Bad weather can be a cause as well.
    12-20-08 09:25 PM
    i'm wondering if its a device issue as you said it didn't happen with ur previous curve. I had an LG 8300 that was dropping mycalls left n right. The funny thing is that I noticed that the call would drop and say "lost call" but the bars were still at 5 or so. So it seemed that the signal was strong and *228 was not helping. There were also no reported outages in the area

Verizon declared that it was the device that was malfunctioning. They sent me a replacement and the phone worked flawless! I wonder if this could be ur issue as well
    12-21-08 03:18 AM
    Thereis always a chance that it could be a device. VZW should be replacing the device till all trouble shooting and network is checked.
    12-21-08 07:55 AM
    I have had several dropped calls, along with other Verizon customers, in the East TN area in the past two weeks.
    12-21-08 11:46 PM
    yea but a device issue usually would be the case if its happening literally happening on every call. Thats what was happening to me. And for there not to be network issues or outages, it was kind of obvious what was going on
    12-22-08 01:21 PM
    yea but a device issue usually would be the case if its happening literally happening on every call. Thats what was happening to me. And for there not to be network issues or outages, it was kind of obvious what was going on
    What exactly do you mean "it is kind of obvious.." I would like to know so I can try to stop it. Today in NJ I am 1/2 dropped calls. Weather is fine, signal stregnth great. (3-4 bars)
    12-23-08 07:36 AM
    as I said, a droped call on every conversation without a network outage is a "kind of obvious" moment!
    12-25-08 10:02 PM
    You should never do *22899 from any verizon phone or device. In the long run it will cause more problems! Stick with *228 opt 1 it will do both update for phone and Roaming list, if you are leaving your home area doing *228 opt 2 is the way to go. but doing the *228 either option will not hurt.
    12-26-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD