Question for a trolling VZW rep. Or can anyone tell me why my room mate has so many dropped calls.

Let me explain. I have 2 8530's on my plan. And my room mate has an 8530 on her plan. 2 separate bills. Now we are approximately 10 miles from the closest tower but the terrain allows this to happen. Now I can be sitting next to her and have exactly the same signal strength in the house. I can use either one of my phones in the house without a dropped call. Now if she goes to use her phone inside or outside the house. Her calls are constantly dropping. VZW thought her phone was bad and replaced her phone with a new 8530 and the new phone is doing exactly the same thing. But yet my phones don't drop any calls. Now VZW are trying to sell us a signal booster for $250 that she doesn't need since I feel what's the point if my calls are never dropping. There's something wrong with either the tower picking up her phone or a glitch in VZW's programming to stay connected. Is this possible? And what should she do to correct this headache she is having with her phone connections?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 05:05 PM
    Has she updated her PRL?

12-21-10 05:13 PM
    She may have a hybrid prl in an area that doesn't need it. Have her call tech support and check.

12-21-10 05:19 PM
    May I ask what a PRL is?

12-21-10 07:33 PM
    May I ask what a PRL is?

Preferred Roaming List.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/new-prl-verizon-phones-547904/

http://www.verizonwireless.com/care/popups/prl.html

12-21-10 07:37 PM
    Preferred Roaming List.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/new-prl-verizon-phones-547904/

http://www.verizonwireless.com/care/popups/prl.html

TY Sir

12-21-10 09:38 PM
    Update: I updated the PRL. And called VZW to find out if the phone was programmed wrong. The Home ID # was wrong. So I put the right # in there and the phone is still dropping calls. Now other than those numbers #'s being wrong the rest of the programming is right. I'm stumped. Any other suggestions you guys can help me out with?

12-22-10 04:24 PM
    Most likely a netort or account issue. Might even be the phone

12-22-10 04:32 PM
    Most likely a netort or account issue. Might even be the phone

Netort?

12-22-10 08:42 PM
    Netort?

He meant network. Network issue.

12-22-10 08:46 PM
    He meant network. Network issue.

Its weird that this the 2nd phone and does same thing. Could it be that her account itself is messed up? Could she have VZW delete the account and start a new one to see if that fixes it?

12-23-10 03:14 PM
    Netort?

Oops, network
    12-23-10 07:43 PM
    Its weird that this the 2nd phone and does same thing. Could it be that her account itself is messed up? Could she have VZW delete the account and start a new one to see if that fixes it?

They can delete the account and rebuild it.
    12-23-10 07:44 PM
    They can delete the account and rebuild it.
    Excellent! Kinda like the 6 million dollar man.

12-24-10 09:03 PM
    Excellent! Kinda like the 6 million dollar man.

Also I have been told to dial ### when you drop a call. this will mark the call records. only do this right after you drop a call. These records can then be copied into a ticket if escalated.
    12-25-10 08:25 AM
    Also I have been told to dial ### when you drop a call. this will mark the call records. only do this right after you drop a call. These records can then be copied into a ticket if escalated.
    Hate to take it to a tangent, but is it three "#s" or four "#s" I was told by a tech over the phone to dial ####-send...genuinely curious. I only found out about it because I had dropped four calls within a short amount of time on I-5 in California...yada yada...
    12-25-10 01:58 PM
    Does not matter actually - 3 or 4 it just marks with ### dialing pattern so they can see the dropped calls
    12-25-10 07:10 PM
    It could very well be that BB model. Prior to my having BB I had a Samsung. It did not work in my home whatsoever. I would be dialing and lose connection and yet it worked everywhere else. I couldn't have this as wireless is my only phone.
    LG BB AND HTC work the best for me. It could be that very model is the culprit for her. She can try updating the roaming capabilities *228 and option 2 . You can also request a tech come out to your home and check it out. I had a friend who had issues and Verizon did send a tech to check things out. The 8530 is like a dial-up it is rev 0 The Bold and other higher end BB's are rev A
    12-25-10 09:54 PM
    It could very well be that BB model. Prior to my having BB I had a Samsung. It did not work in my home whatsoever. I would be dialing and lose connection and yet it worked everywhere else. I couldn't have this as wireless is my only phone.
    LG BB AND HTC work the best for me. It could be that very model is the culprit for her. She can try updating the roaming capabilities *228 and option 2 . You can also request a tech come out to your home and check it out. I had a friend who had issues and Verizon did send a tech to check things out. The 8530 is like a dial-up it is rev 0 The Bold and other higher end BB's are rev A
    Wait a minute so the 8530 is a REV O and Bold and others are REV A on VZW? Also, like I stated before. I don't understand why only her phone does it when I have 2 of the same models and hers is the only one that has a fit. And my 2 don't drop at all. Now if it is the phone, would VZW swap her phone to a higher model free of charge?
    12-25-10 11:45 PM
    Now if it is the phone, would VZW swap her phone to a higher model free of charge?
    Nope, not at all.

Rev-0 and Rev-A have nothing to do with voice. If she is having dropped calls and this is happening on 2 different phones, it is most likely a network issue. You need to call them to have them fix it or file a trouble ticket.
    12-26-10 12:03 AM
    Nope, not at all.

Rev-0 and Rev-A have nothing to do with voice. If she is having dropped calls and this is happening on 2 different phones, it is most likely a network issue. You need to call them to have them fix it or file a trouble ticket.
    We have (3) 8530's in the house and only the one phone is having an issue with dropped calls. And the one phone is on a separate account and she has had the phone replaced and it still drops the calls.
    12-26-10 12:30 PM
    We have (3) 8530's in the house and only the one phone is having an issue with dropped calls. And the one phone is on a separate account and she has had the phone replaced and it still drops the calls.
    Then ask for a trouble ticket to be processed.

12-26-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD