I have a Tour 9630 and have great coverage everywhere except inside my house. I've had problems with some phones in the past, but when I bought this phone (August) I was surprised that I had a fairly good signal inside my house. All of a sudden, I'm dropping calls and not receiving some calls at all - I am notified when the caller leaves a voice mail but the phone never rings. I've only noticed the problem since I completed the update about two weeks ago. Has anyone else noticed this problem with signal strength going up and down, even when standing in the same spot? I even purchased Verizon's network extender...it works great but only if I'm standing right in front of it. Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

Kami
    12-11-09 08:57 PM
    Is there any other users having the same problem?
    If there has been any issues near your home, a trouble ticket may need to be filed. But service is never guaranteed indoors......call Tech, have them file a ticket. They will see all the dropped calls. Did you do a *228 option 2?
    12-11-09 09:40 PM
    You know, I have never had good service in my house either... I dont know why. There are certain spots that have bad service, and others that have great service... Sure I have an aluminum roof, but that should really affect me outside either, but even standing in my front yard, I have about -94dBm signal... In my room I have -115dBm.... Oh well good thing I have WiFi...
    12-11-09 09:59 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions - I will call Tech and try the *228 option...
    12-12-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD