My full, 2-yr contract expires on January 8th, 2011 but my early upgrade is eligible in September.

Will I still be able to upgrade to the Droid X in July? Technically my contract is up in 2011, but I believe I'll have paid 24 months worth of data after the December 22nd billing period...
    06-23-10 05:09 PM
    Thats a good question. My upgrade date is in September. I am really leaning toward getting the Droid X after reading about it today!
    06-23-10 05:11 PM
    I called this morning, and unfortunately, no. It only counts if your contract ends on that date, not your upgrade. I have a second line that I am using to get one.
    06-23-10 05:23 PM

10characters
    06-24-10 12:27 PM
    Everybody is hearing different responses from Verizon CSR's on this. Some say you can upgrade early if your upgrade date is in 2010 and some say your contract end date has to be in 2010. I wish we could get concrete clarification on this. Jetman I am in the same boat. My upgrade date is in September but my contract doesn't end until January 15th, 2011 I really hope they let us upgrade early as I want that Droid X!! Maybe if I threaten to move my line to AT&T and get the iPhone if they make me wait they will let me...hmmm...
    06-25-10 10:21 AM
    Motorola Droid X unveiled, 'made for video' | Signal Strength - CNET News

"Verizon is altering its upgrade policy to sweeten the deal for current customers looking to upgrade to the Droid. It will allow any Verizon Wireless customer whose contract expires in 2010 to upgrade to the Droid when it comes out on July 15."

Also, I couldn't find the article that said this, but supposedly you can do an early upgrade to ANY smart phone if your contract expires in 2010.
    06-25-10 12:32 PM
    A leaked memo
    Verizon 3G Upgrade Details Leaked! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    My biggest deal is will they ever do away with buddy upgrades
    06-25-10 01:28 PM
    Verizon isnt even really helping anybody out with this then...I am going to miss the cut by 15 days they should then let me upgrade July 30th since my contract is up January 15th.
    06-25-10 03:10 PM
    Verizon isnt even really helping anybody out with this then...I am going to miss the cut by 15 days they should then let me upgrade July 30th since my contract is up January 15th.
    How do you figure? Its letting a lot of people upgrade early...Like Storm 1 owners who signed on at release. I get to move to the X a month early...thats helping me out.
    06-25-10 08:54 PM
    So not even Annual Upgrades?
    06-25-10 10:07 PM
    If your upgrade is in September......Why would you think you can do it in July? You basically stated that you understand the terms of your contract but you still then follow up with a silly question.

Upgrades are 20 months apart. Depending on your price plan, you can do it every 12 months + a 20 dollar fee.
    06-27-10 11:35 AM
    Verizon isnt helping you out? They are letting you upgrade to a 600 dollar device for 200, boo hoo that you cant do it when you want and get your way. You have to fulfill your original contract.
    06-27-10 11:36 AM
    Verizon isnt helping you out? They are letting you upgrade to a 600 dollar device for 200, boo hoo that you cant do it when you want and get your way. You have to fulfill your original contract.
    I would be signing a brand new 2 year contract. That would be a lot better for them to guarantee that I stay for another 2 years and if they were smart they would be pushing that especially with the release of the new iPhone.
    06-27-10 11:48 AM
    I would be signing a brand new 2 year contract. That would be a lot better for them to guarantee that I stay for another 2 years and if they were smart they would be pushing that especially with the release of the new iPhone.
    The new Iphone that is on back order and has been getting TONS of complaints about overall call quality and reception? That one?

You have to fulfill your contract, thats that.
    06-27-10 12:09 PM
    My upgrade date is in November. They (VZW) texted me this weekend stating that I can upgrade now to the Incredible for an extra $20. I didn't ask, call, or beg for an upgrade.
    So it appears that depending on your status, maybe they will upgrade you early. But to be safe, take in a fresh batch of homemade cookies, oatmeal raisin or peanut butter, and beg on one knee.

Oh and if they won't take the cookies, PM me and I'll give you my address and you can send them to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 12:33 PM
    If your upgrade is in September......Why would you think you can do it in July? You basically stated that you understand the terms of your contract but you still then follow up with a silly question.

Upgrades are 20 months apart. Depending on your price plan, you can do it every 12 months + a 20 dollar fee.
    Read the thread Mr. VZW. They are releasing a promotion to upgrade even earlier and I don't know if I'm eligible or not.
    06-27-10 12:38 PM
    Just read the details here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...etails-488822/

You are not eligible if your contract expires in January 2011.
    06-27-10 12:46 PM
    Read the thread Mr. VZW. They are releasing a promotion to upgrade even earlier and I don't know if I'm eligible or not.

Im aware of the promotion, i work here. If your contract ends in 2010(any point in 2010) you can upgrade to a smartphone early. Your contract doesnt end until 2011, that means you missed the cut-off. Thats pretty simple to understand that.
    06-27-10 02:55 PM
    Took advantage of the early upgrade to bump up to the Incredible from a S2. Anyone know why the Incredible is STILL a month long wait on backorder with the X coming out?
    06-27-10 07:00 PM
    It's a good thing my contract ends in March of 2011 instead of January of 2011 or else I wouldn't have received that text asking me to upgrade to the Incredible.. But I think I'll wait.
    06-27-10 11:43 PM
    Im aware of the promotion, i work here. If your contract ends in 2010(any point in 2010) you can upgrade to a smartphone early. Your contract doesnt end until 2011, that means you missed the cut-off. Thats pretty simple to understand that.
    That's cool...there was no complaining to VZW though...I'm upgrade-ready in September so it doesn't really matter.
    06-28-10 10:46 AM
    Was wondering about this too thanks for the info
    06-28-10 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD