I was wondering what you guys though was the better upgrade to get..Droid X when it comes out or blackberry bold? Thanks
    06-23-10 11:19 AM
    That’s mostly going to depend on you. They are completely different OS's, so you would have to decide what works best for you. If you message a lot and need a physical keyboard, stick with the BB. If you like to use the internet more and download tons of apps, try the Droid. I went from a BB Tour to an Incredible (and now I'm going to get the Droid X) and the transition was a little hard. I loved all the messaging features and easiness of use that the BB had. But now I find myself browsing the web and downloading apps more than before. It will all come down to preference. What do you want in a phone? (Are they even phones anymore?)
    06-23-10 11:45 AM
    Motorolas are not my favorite devices. I haven't liked one since my old flip camera from 2005. But this one may not be bad. Honestly a high end CPU doesn't mean it will be a great device. For me it is how smooth it runs and how well the battery life is first. That is one thing BBs do well. The nice part of the Bold is you get the new browser when OS 6 comes out. But that said I like touchscreens and with Swype you really don't miss on a good keyboard as you can fly on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 12:55 PM
    Wait till the Droid X comes out in a few weeks, and then make your decision. Go into a store when it comes out and play with it, then play with the Bold. After that you should be able to make your decision.

The battery life on the X is looking like the same on the moto Droid right now; 8 hours of talk time and 280 hours of standby time.
    06-23-10 01:30 PM
    thanks guys. im leaning towards the bold. but yeah im defintely going to mess with the droid x to make sure.
    06-23-10 04:52 PM
    As of today...definitely Droid X, but I'm waiting to see what BB OS6 has to offer first. This is BB's last chance!
    06-23-10 05:13 PM
    Be prepared to carry around an extra bag of batteries for the Droid if you get it, the battery life sucks!
    06-23-10 05:17 PM
    Be prepared to carry around an extra bag of batteries for the Droid if you get it, the battery life sucks!
    I'm not trying to be smart here but I didn't think ANYONE had an X. How can you judge the battery life when you don't have the phone?
    06-23-10 07:57 PM
    It was a joke.
    06-23-10 08:21 PM
    I'm so done with BB, I'm big into using the internet out and about and need faster apps. I gave BB a long time to come out with something better and it has yet to happen. I'm afraid that the os 6 and new browser will be just another letdown.

Droid X for me in a few weeks.
    06-23-10 10:51 PM
    It was a joke.
    We are all asking the same questions,im due for an upgrade too,I have a curve 8330.How is the storm 2? I need some thing still the slider lol
    06-24-10 09:18 AM
    Go with the X. I read in one review where they got pretty good lif out of the batt. U won't be disappointed. Plus with corporate exchange push gmail.
    Also various other android programs to make email faster I think u will like it. Unless u want a physical keyboard.But then there is Droid 2 coming...
    06-25-10 01:37 PM
    yeah..dang it trendy now you got me thinking..i just googled droid 2..rumors it will be around november..thats when my upgrade is! hmm. i dont know. bold, droid x, or wait for droid 2.
    06-25-10 03:39 PM
    How many RIM let-downs and disappointments can I deal with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 03:50 PM
    well i just ordered the bold. hope its a good upgrade.
    06-25-10 05:28 PM
    yeah..dang it trendy now you got me thinking..i just googled droid 2..rumors it will be around november..thats when my upgrade is! hmm. i dont know. bold, droid x, or wait for droid 2.
    If u can't hold out go with the X, D2 comes out in Aug it is pretty much like the original Droid better keyboard. Rumored Droid Pro is scheduled to come out at the end of the year. Not trying to be a braggard. I have a total of 4 upgrades coming this year. I am getting the X. If the Pro is not LTE compatible I will be waiting until a 4g compatible phone comes out. Or wait and see don't burn your upgrade.
    06-25-10 05:36 PM
    well i just ordered the bold. hope its a good upgrade.
    I know this is a BB site for the most part, but don't love anything that cant love u back.....
    Here goes.....how Android is knocking RIM off
    News Headlines
    06-25-10 05:40 PM
    I'm probably going Slider, probably gonna break my Verizon contract, depending on the ETF.
    06-25-10 06:46 PM
    I'm leaving my Storm and getting an X
    06-25-10 08:42 PM
    I'm probably going Slider, probably gonna break my Verizon contract, depending on the ETF.
    If you got you phone before the Dec of last year the ETF shouldnt be too bad, also remember you can add another line as well. I know it is a possibility of it not happening but u may be able to do the buddy upgrade as well.
    The Android OS is a much richer experience. I was leaning to the S2 being a former S1 owner. But when I saw they were coming out with pretty much the same thing I decided to wait. Hence the Droid......
    I honestly don't think that anyone who makes the switch will be disappointed.
    Hey if it wasn't for BB I wouldnt have found this place....
    06-26-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD