Any confirmations on this from the VZW people on this board? Is there really an HTC Android phone in the works for this fall as well?
    08-20-10 09:06 AM
    There is a Moto Droid 2 out now, which is like the original Droid, but with better specs, but it retains the slide out keyboard (but it's better). I don't believe that it is a World phone thou thus it does not have a GSM side and can not be used in Europe. HOWEVER there are Droid models in the works that are World phone one of which I believe is thought to be called the Droid Pro. I'm not sure if it's going to be a Motorola, or an HTC model.
    08-20-10 11:02 AM
    I don't believe that it is a World phone thou thus it does not have a GSM side and can not be used in Europe. HOWEVER there are Droid models in the works that are World phone one of which I believe is thought to be called the Droid Pro. I'm not sure if it's going to be a Motorola, or an HTC model..
    I believe that Motorola is supposed to be coming out with a "world phone" Version of the Droid 2 in September. Available in the 2 colors, the standard color and also in white.
    08-20-10 11:19 AM
    Droid Pro is Motorola.
    08-20-10 12:21 PM
    Rumors from what I have read ranges from next month to November for the Droid pro.
    08-21-10 07:39 AM
    I may be stating the obvious, but does it mean that Droid Pro will have two radios (GSM and CDMA, just like BB Tour/Bold)? I'm preparing to jump ship to VZW and world phone capability (travel abroad several times a year) + keyboard option are both important to have.
    08-21-10 12:56 PM
    Yes. The Droid Pro is essentially the Droid 2 World Edition. It'll have the Droid 2 look, but under the battery it'll have the Verizon/Vodafone SIM card, as well as the GSM/WCDMA chipset inside. Release date is still unknown, but should be within the next few months!
    08-21-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD