All --

If the BOGO deal is still available when I upgrade in a few weeks, and get my Droid. Can I activate the "Free" Eris on one of my open lines of my family share plan, and at a later date, activate a "dumb-phone" on that line and remove the Eris to avoid the $30.00/month data fee?

If so, how long do I have to wait to do this?

By the way -- The "similar thread search" is very cool!!!!

Thanks in advance!
    01-04-10 11:00 AM
    You can activate it and remove it the same day if you wish. There's no time limit requirement.
    01-04-10 11:58 AM
    You can activate it and remove it the same day if you wish. There's no time limit requirement.
    Cool! Lets hope the BOGO is still available when I upgrade!
    01-04-10 12:01 PM
    Should be. VZW has been in love with BOGO's for some time.
    01-04-10 12:06 PM
    People do it all the time and then sell the second phone. Or switch off on the same line when the BOGO is a different phone. You could even play around with both then sell the one you don't like as much. . Just make sure you got an old dummy phone laying around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 12:16 PM
    People do it all the time and then sell the second phone. Or switch off on the same line when the BOGO is a different phone. You could even play around with both then sell the one you don't like as much. . Just make sure you got an old dummy phone laying around.

Thanks PK! I have several old phones around. My wife, son and I have been with VZW for a long time.

I am going to keep both Moto Droid and Eris and potentially swap every now and then.

Is there a cost to swap out phones if I do it over the phone myself?
    01-04-10 12:33 PM
    There is no cost to swap phones. You can do it online or call to CS.

01-04-10 06:20 PM
    I thought you had to keep the internet plan as part of the package deal?
    01-04-10 07:26 PM
    you have to keep a data plan on any smartphone device no exceptions
    01-04-10 08:01 PM
    You have to have the data plan on the phone when its active. If its not active no plan needed. You are not required to keep the phone or the plan for any set time. Just accept the agreement and that's all.

01-04-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD