10-16-09 08:00 AM
100 1234
tools
    Wow. You just don't quit. If the people over her live in this so called "Verizon is God" world what is yours called where you think Sprint is the be all end all of cell phone providers? It surely is not the real world where most people know that the "best" cell provider is the one that works where you are.

You do know there is a Sprint forum here where you can go tell everyone how great they are right? And your "Facts" are nothing but your own arrogant opinions.

And by the way. What new "Hot" phone did Sprint get that is so special? The Hero? We got the Imagio. The TP2? We got that over here. The Pre? Well with the reviews on that phone you can keep it. If you mention a BB I will laugh because I do not consider any BB a "HOT" new phone. Of course that is MY opinion anyway.
    10-13-09 12:35 PM
    You would think that with some of the personal attacks in this thread already one of the Mods would have shut it down. Oh well. Guess I will just quit participating in this thread and maybe it will go away.
    10-13-09 12:45 PM
    I throw VZW a couple hundred bucks a month and i am not "like Trump".
    10-13-09 12:52 PM
    So are many other people, but they have bigger priorties then handing most of their paychecks over to Verizon

Tell that to a Mom or Dad with 6 kids at home, and one of them was laid off or had to take a pay cut!

You are Elitest Sounding!
    It's quite rare in America these days to see a family with over four kids.
    10-13-09 12:55 PM
    The reason why people respect what Twin says is that he often substantiates what he says. He is also in the field of Telecomm
    Engineering telephony, and has been doing it quite some time.
    What is your profession?
    I myself work in the telecomm field.
    Not at an engineering design level.
    But none the less still in that field.
    What field are you in?
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-13-09 at 01:04 PM.
    10-13-09 12:57 PM
    U know come to think of it when my sons contract is up maybe I will switch him to Sprint...........
    10-13-09 12:58 PM
    I just thought of something.

I am glad VZW charges what they do. I don't shop at Walmart because of the lack of service, cheap junk & (worst of all) the customers who troll the aisles. With VZW's rates, they keep the trolls out.

That alone is worth twice what they charge.

The Q4 results will be no better than the Q3 results.

And Lenny - I don't argue with you, since you regard your hearsay as proof, while looking at reason & logic as invalid - a definite left-wing thought process. Have fun at Walmart & go liven up the Sprint forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 01:00 PM
    True and....

It's quite rare in America these days to see a family with over four kids.
    True.
    10-13-09 01:01 PM
    I feel like this is finally down to a smolder, so I'm not going to throw the can of gas on it, but Twins, would love to hear your thoughts not just on the signal distance traveled, but comparison of networks with building penetration. I used to be in and out of bases quite often and VZW won over every time versus Sprint AND ATT. I could be standing next to several people on all different carriers and they would all have to go outside...

Btw, speaking of Wal-Mart, have you seen this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f155/wh...ate-us-331403/
    10-13-09 01:14 PM
    Wow, I thought I was getting on to ask advice...I guess I got it. I'm not gong to speculate or assume anyone's situation whether it's financial, intellectual, sexual orientation, etc. Thank you all for your input. I got on here because my wife's financial situation is very rough right now...she just got laid off and we were doing what we could to save the house before she got laid off...even if that means saving (to some of you) a mere $20-$30 a month (That's a tank of gas) Trust me, we're not hitting up Starbucks everyday and our cells are our primary use of communication with everyone. So for those of you that think you know what people's situations are or that 30 bucks isn't that big of a deal, try to see that not everyone is spending over 100 at a cigar store or a liquor store every time they go. Great world view people. We're not asking for handouts and yes, some people live in low income housing, collect food stamps, collect unemployment....that's where my wife and I are heading and that's why I was asking for advice, but clearly some of you are above that. Thanks for the help.
    Typical. Someone asks for advice (and yes as some of you stated this thread was played out a while ago) and it turns into a who has the bigger truck kind of argument....typical.
    Hey everybody I'm cool! Do I win?
    10-13-09 01:55 PM
    I just thought of something.

I am glad VZW charges what they do. I don't shop at Walmart because of the lack of service, cheap junk & (worst of all) the customers who troll the aisles. With VZW's rates, they keep the trolls out.

That alone is worth twice what they charge.

The Q4 results will be no better than the Q3 results.

And Lenny - I don't argue with you, since you regard your hearsay as proof, while looking at reason & logic as invalid - a definite left-wing thought process. Have fun at Walmart & go liven up the Sprint forum.

I'm not picking at someone who can clearly argue better than I can, but a majority of Americans can ONLY afford what's at Wal-Mart. Again back to my previous post...that's a great world view...and that's why I'm looking up to/at you right now. I'm not going to argue, I came in here looking for advice and as credible as some of the people in here say you are, wow. Let's attack people's financial situation and tell them to go have fun at Wal-Mart. You're joking right? Probably not.
    Open a paper and see how the economy of America is doing. I don't wish it on anyone, but that would suck if you got hurt, spouse got fired, spouse got hurt, you got fired/laid off, whatever the case may be, then I'll see you in Wal-Mart.
    Now your rebuttal is you won't get fired, your spouse (if you have one) won't get fired..whatever it is. And given your stance you're going to argue you'd rather starve then shop at Wal-Mart. I'm glad you have that faith...I did up until yesterday afternoon when my wife became unemployed.
    Close minds make the world go round. Have a good day.
    10-13-09 02:04 PM
    Wow, I thought I was getting on to ask advice...I guess I got it. I'm not gong to speculate or assume anyone's situation whether it's financial, intellectual, sexual orientation, etc. Thank you all for your input. I got on here because my wife's financial situation is very rough right now...she just got laid off and we were doing what we could to save the house before she got laid off...even if that means saving (to some of you) a mere $20-$30 a month (That's a tank of gas) Trust me, we're not hitting up Starbucks everyday and our cells are our primary use of communication with everyone. So for those of you that think you know what people's situations are or that 30 bucks isn't that big of a deal, try to see that not everyone is spending over 100 at a cigar store or a liquor store every time they go. Great world view people. We're not asking for handouts and yes, some people live in low income housing, collect food stamps, collect unemployment....that's where my wife and I are heading and that's why I was asking for advice, but clearly some of you are above that. Thanks for the help.
    Typical. Someone asks for advice (and yes as some of you stated this thread was played out a while ago) and it turns into a who has the bigger truck kind of argument....typical.
    Hey everybody I'm cool! Do I win?
    I've been there. I had a job for 2 years thought it was reliable, had a baby, and boom I get laid off before my son's 1st BDay. One thing I know is don't be prideful. If you need help get it whether its unemployment, food stamps or anything else you stated above.
    10-13-09 02:04 PM
    I've been there. I had a job for 2 years thought it was reliable, had a baby, and boom I get laid off before my son's 1st BDay. One thing I know is don't be prideful. If you need help get it whether its unemployment, food stamps or anything else you stated above.
    Thanks. That's where we're headed...Foreclosure and all. It's funny you never think you'd be that statistic and we're probably 6 months away. Well, she's out looking for work, so hopefully something works out.-------
    10-13-09 02:12 PM
    Thanks. That's where we're headed...Foreclosure and all. It's funny you never think you'd be that statistic and we're probably 6 months away. Well, she's out looking for work, so hopefully something works out.-------
    Hopefully my lady had to get a job but 2 10$ an hour jobs are close to a $22 an hour job... Hardest part is daycare/days with grandma...
    10-13-09 02:25 PM
    I'm not picking at someone who can clearly argue better than I can, but a majority of Americans can ONLY afford what's at Wal-Mart. Again back to my previous post...that's a great world view...and that's why I'm looking up to/at you right now. I'm not going to argue, I came in here looking for advice and as credible as some of the people in here say you are, wow. Let's attack people's financial situation and tell them to go have fun at Wal-Mart. You're joking right? Probably not.
    Open a paper and see how the economy of America is doing. I don't wish it on anyone, but that would suck if you got hurt, spouse got fired, spouse got hurt, you got fired/laid off, whatever the case may be, then I'll see you in Wal-Mart.
    Now your rebuttal is you won't get fired, your spouse (if you have one) won't get fired..whatever it is. And given your stance you're going to argue you'd rather starve then shop at Wal-Mart. I'm glad you have that faith...I did up until yesterday afternoon when my wife became unemployed.
    Close minds make the world go round. Have a good day.
    A lot of jesting goes on here; but yes sometimes in the fun of these forums
    we can forget reality. I am blessed not to have to go through what u are going through. All I can say is I wish blessings and fulfilment, of prosperity and comfort to you and your family.
    While it may not seem like a lot; be glad that you have your wife as you
    go through this. I for one am divorced; it is just me myself and I.
    All I can say again from the heart that I wish you and yours the best.
    10-13-09 02:38 PM
    This thread was a discussion about coverage, etc. and it turned ugly. I hope that no one was offended by the talk of income and who can afford what.

10-13-09 02:40 PM
    This thread was a discussion about coverage, etc. and it turned ugly. I hope that no one was offended by the talk of income and who can afford what.

I wasn't... But I'll PM you my paypal so we can get this figured out
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    BADTOLZ I hope all works out well for you and your wife. I know too many people who either have or are about to lose jobs and so I see where you are coming from. If you found anything I posted to be offensive I apologize but my words were directed at the other guy and not you.

And for the record I for one shop at Wal Mart and Sams Club all the time. I love those stores.
    10-13-09 02:50 PM
    I wasn't... But I'll PM you my paypal so we can get this figured. out
    Let me guess, you're a Nigerian prince who needs to use my bank account to deposit some money?

10-13-09 02:50 PM
    Let me guess, you're a Nigerian prince who needs to use my bank account to deposit some money?

That is all!
    10-13-09 02:55 PM

Wait! except for the whole Nigerian Prince thing...where do I sign up?

No offense taken to anyone really. It's a ****ty time and everyone is entitled to their opinion and it takes a lot to irritate me. Just get tired of the Highschool jock mentality that some carry into adulthood that's all. No love lost.

Oh and me having my wife still is an entire page full of forums. Sounds crappy, but she's not helping our situation...trust me, she got laid off of a job because she got fired from her $40,000yr teaching job...and that's an entire site of forums dedicated to that too. But I do get what you're saying.

Alright! I'll stick with VZ until we have to dump our cells all together...then re-evaluate my life....fair?
    10-13-09 03:04 PM
    Oh and me having my wife still is an entire page full of forums. Sounds crappy, but she's not helping our situation...trust me, she got laid off of a job because she got fired from her $40,000yr teaching job...and that's an entire site of forums dedicated to that too. But I do get what you're saying.

Alright! I'll stick with VZ until we have to dump our cells all together...then re-evaluate my life....fair?
    Forget the phones, I hope you stick with your wife.

10-13-09 03:10 PM
    Wait! except for the whole Nigerian Prince thing...where do I sign up?

No offense taken to anyone really. It's a ****ty time and everyone is entitled to their opinion and it takes a lot to irritate me. Just get tired of the Highschool jock mentality that some carry into adulthood that's all. No love lost.

Sounds fair to me
    10-13-09 03:16 PM
    I'm not pi. cking at someone who can clearly argue be. tter than I can, but a majority of Americans can ONLY afford what's at Wal-Mart.
    No, the majority of Americans CHOOSE to only afford what's at Walmart. Cost of living relative to income has dropped in the past 50 years - it is society's fault they want it all now, on credit & spending tomorrow's paycheck today. I have always lived with an eye on what is the worst which may happen to me & for over 15 years now, I've refused to spend anywhere close to my earnings.

Now, that being said - my statement was not a shot at you. It was a shot at the trailer-park mentality that seems to follow Sprint trolls into the VZW forums - its as if they can't stand that we have it so good. Almost like the poor school janitor who dresses up to visit Saks.

My statement, unlike the apology incorrectly made on my behalf, indicated a class, a behavior & not an income or ability.

Besides, Walmart customers are too frugal to ever be stupid enough to waste what little money they have on something as frivolous & as fancy as a BlackBerry or Hero...

Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 10-14-09 at 12:05 AM.
    10-13-09 03:26 PM
    Folks,

I have deleted 36 posts that were Off Topic, or bordering (or WERE) on personal attacks. Please keep the discussion civil. You can debate the phones, or the carriers, but PLEASE lets not attack each other. mmmmkay? ......\

.....from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    10-13-09 03:58 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD