So yea.. im on my fifth curve. The replacement one they sent me stopped charging. The charging port is broken. Thats what happened to my first phone. So I had another replacement phone that I didnt send back yet (it was giving me issues) well its working now (make calls etc)

PROBLEM is with the space bar, you have to press harder than usual for it to space, so if im not paying attention, all my words would be one giant word. Im tired of going through this **** with verizon.. Do you think theyd be able to fix it at the store? Does this look like they have to send me another replacement.. They suck balls.
    08-27-09 09:22 AM
    Maybe since you have done 5 replacements you could see if they would let you upgrade to the Tour? Seems like you are a little fed up with the Curve.
    08-27-09 09:25 AM
    I recommend you getting a charging cradle, I could see having a broken USB port, that happens, but not on a few devices. Are you hard on it or drop it while it's plugged into the USB port?
    08-27-09 09:33 AM
    My first curve was giving me a false click on one key, can't remember which one but that was from new.
    I think the rule is if you have 3 problems in a row with your device they'll let you chose a similar one. I did that with a HTC that kept freezing on me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:39 AM
    Time for a free upgrade!

08-27-09 10:54 AM
    u need to fix it by some professional guys ..
    08-27-09 11:27 AM
    My first curve was giving me a false click on one key, can't remember which one but that was from new.
    I think the rule is if you have 3 problems in a row with your device they'll let you chose a similar one. I did that with a HTC that kept freezing on me.

I agree, this would be the path I'd follow.

08-27-09 12:28 PM

+10char

oh... you mean trackball... I hope
    08-27-09 12:47 PM
    A Tour is not a comparable model in any way, shape, or form.

08-27-09 02:01 PM
    When someone goes through 5 phones, it makes it really hard to believe the fault is with the hardware.
    08-27-09 11:43 PM
    When someone goes through 5 phones, it makes it really hard to believe the fault is with the hardware.
    I don't think I've ever seen someone need more than 1 replacement on a Curve.

Even if 5% of new Curves and a ridiculous 25% of replacement Curves had problems..... there would still be a less than 1 in 20,000 chance of having this happen and be purely device issues.
    08-28-09 12:20 AM
    Play nice gang!
    08-28-09 12:42 AM
    Ok........

How about this.....
    Odds are that after 5 replacements, many reps might realize that the odds of the hardware being defective 5 times in a row is unlikely... So they note that the issues with the phones may be because of user error, not manufacturer defect.
    08-28-09 06:25 AM
    Ok........

How about this.....
    Odds are that after 5 replacements, many reps might realize that the odds of the hardware being defective 5 times in a row is unlikely... So they note that the issues with the phones may be because of user error, not manufacturer defect.
    08-28-09 06:25 AM
    This happens all the time, I've notated account after talking with a customer and put in the notes that all charges are valid blah blah and I will look at the account later and see that someone else creditted them for an overage when they actually went over... Not all reps read through the notes prior to dealing with the customer
    08-28-09 08:33 AM
    Yea, 5 curves don't all fail. My GF dropped 2 curves in water....she is still using the 2nd one and it works fine.

Certain phones if known to have issues CS is willing to take additional steps. When its 1 that rarely has problems they start to wonder. Especially something like the charging port, do u talk or text while its plugged into the charger? Perhaps your charger is somehow damaged?

08-30-09 02:38 AM
    From what I've seen, charging port issues a lot of times will void the warranty. Usually its determined that the customer damaged the port or pins.

Not all the time, but just from what I've seen...
    08-30-09 09:24 PM
    From what I've seen, charging port issues a lot of times will void the warranty. Usually its determined that the customer damaged the port or pins.

Not all the time, but just from what I've seen...
    Agreed - the charging port is not the stoutest thing out there - but that is inherent in nearly any USB connection.

The things are not amenable to abuse, but they are not defective. Charging port failure is almost always user error/abuse/misuse, plain & simple. About the only time it isn't is when it is caused by a damaged charger connection, again almost always caused by user error/abuse/misuse.

08-31-09 02:23 AM
    My thoughts exactly...
    Frequently, people will attempt to force their charger in upside down, or they'll be careless when unplugging the charger, or they'll drop their phone, or trip on the cord and yank the port sideways...etc... You almost always know its user error when the person has to "hold it at a certain angle" to get the phone to charge...
    In most cases where the phone is having issues charging, but it is a defect, its rarely a port issue, but an issue with the phones internals or possibly the battery...
    I guess my point is similar to the rest of my posts in this thread... I generally believe if there have been multiple port/charging issues under the same user with multiple phones... The odds are slim that it's the device(s).
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 08-31-09 at 04:39 AM.
    08-31-09 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD