I read an article of the "7 must-have applications for your Storm"... the only one's that interested me were WeatherBug and Viigo. WeatherBug is cool but shortly after installing it, i missed several calls and my phone was soooo slow. I deleted the application but still do visit their website for quick weather updates.

As for Viigo, it brings absolutely nothing to the table... an instant delete.
    01-08-09 04:30 PM
    Yeah I am pretty close to deleting Viigo myself, it never seems to update.
    01-08-09 04:34 PM
    Is this something with the Storm specifically? I'm running Viigo on my 8830 and have absolutely no issues at all with receiving updates. If you want to continue to receive RSS feeds, then, I would suggest possibly contacting Viigo support for assistance. They are typically very good in responding. Viigo does bring a number of nice features to the table...However, there may be some Storm-specific issues.
    01-08-09 06:16 PM
    I have weatherbug and have absolutely no issues...viigo on the other hand is the devil.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 06:20 PM
    I agree, weatherbug works nice and doesn't seem to slow the phone down, viigo just is a pain to update and seems to freeze up a lot.
    01-08-09 10:32 PM
    I think WeatherBug(WB) is a free-running app (as opposed to a demand- response app). See also WSJ and AP. WeatherBug can optionally follow you by using your Storm's GPS info. If you are leery of this aspect of WB, delete him and just surf to accuweather or weather.gov with your Browser. (Incidentally, using some of Jonathan's Launchers, I can reach these guys in 2 clicks - one if the Browser is already evoked.)

Another nasty aspect of WB: say you evoke him and then use your BB to issue an exit. This DOES NOT seem to do a formal BB CLOSE. Don't mess around with his options trying to mitigate this - leave them alone or delete this app. If you mess with some of his options, he can force a battery pull !

I love WB and many others swear by him. Unknown: the relationship between all the reported memory losses and free-running apps like WB, WSJ, and AP.

Doctor Neutron

What is the relationship between the Worms and the Spice ?
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-08-09 at 10:35 PM.
    01-08-09 10:32 PM
    I have weatherbug and I don't have any issues. I love it.
    01-09-09 11:04 PM
    I read an article of the "7 must-have applications for your Storm"... the only one's that interested me were WeatherBug and Viigo. WeatherBug is cool but shortly after installing it, i missed several calls and my phone was soooo slow. I deleted the application but still do visit their website for quick weather updates.

As for Viigo, it brings absolutely nothing to the table... an instant delete.
    I have to disagree with you on Viigo its is awesome
    01-10-09 03:00 AM
    I have to disagree with you on Viigo its is awesome
    Same here. It is a resource hog, especially when forcing it to Update all 100+ of my channels, but works really well. one stop shop for all my newsfeeds, gossip, etc.

can't wait until they get Audio & Podcasts working on the Storm.

WeatherBug runs great for me, version 0.1.0.274 on .85. The previous version, I think 0.1.0.185 caused my GPS not to work, but the update fixed that. Loading the temperature/radar overlays can be a bit slower than I'd like, but definitely a worthy app IMHO.
    01-10-09 03:34 AM
    i only have like 6 channels on viigo and i love it and it works flawlessly. after .85 there is no more lag when switching between screens either
    01-10-09 05:10 AM
    I have viigo and it is pretty cool. Only thing is when I click back, the screen only slides halfway, then I have to click back again! Is that what you mean by lag, dappervirgo? If so, then I can't wait until the next official update. I'm still running .75.
    01-10-09 05:24 AM
    I have weatherbug and I don't have any issues. I love it.
    +1 Works great.
    01-10-09 07:15 PM
    Remember, Viigo for storm is still in beta. I'm sure once we get it to the official release version it will be better.
    01-10-09 08:26 PM
    I think WeatherBug Direct has a specific version for the Storm.
    01-12-09 01:38 PM
    Hold back button just a little longer and it will be lag free.
    01-12-09 02:41 PM
    On Viigo, after pressing the back button, I have to swipe the screen to get it all the way back. I like the app, but I do find the selection of the feeds to be on the messy side.
    01-12-09 03:16 PM
    I have viigo and it is pretty cool. Only thing is when I click back, the screen only slides halfway, then I have to click back again! Is that what you mean by lag, dappervirgo? If so, then I can't wait until the next official update. I'm still running .75.
    Just hold the back button down instead of clicking it.
    01-13-09 08:23 AM
    disable compatibility mode should help
    01-13-09 04:31 PM
    Hold back button just a little longer and it will be lag free.
    I just got used to doing a quick swipe and it goes back.
    01-22-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD