Outside of autopay, does Verizon store cc/debit card information? I'm asking because I saw a credit to my bank account from Verizon. I have no idea why they would credit me anything. I also don't know why or how they still have my bank information when I only used my debit card for my deposit. The phone was charged to my Verizon account. Another reason I am asking is because I was with Verizon for about 2 or 3 weeks and just switched to Sprint. I still have the Storm and I'm ready to return it. I just don't know if Verizon is somehow going to charge my debit card for the price of the phone because I don't return it ASAP. Or would I just get a bill for the phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by 101JANE; 12-10-08 at 10:20 AM.
    12-10-08 10:18 AM
    Card information can be stored but it's not able to debit your account without your permission! As far as a credit. Possibly you were charged too much for something. That would be my best guess. Call customer service and ask them. They'd be more than happy to look into it!
    12-10-08 06:17 PM
    when i worked in customer care sometimes people would go to get a house, etc and there would be a report on their credit from "verizon". make sure its "verizon wireless" not "verizon" or your barking up the wrong tree. your lender or how ever your looking up your credit report should have an account number, etc. verify which company it is (landline or wireless) and contact customer care with the account info. its possible that during activation the sales rep assigned you a temoprary account or a shell level then transferred to a more permaneant level. its a cheater way to cover up boo boos during activations, but sometimes theres an unpaid balance on that level for some charges, activations, whatever. but customer care can search by your ssn in either case.
    12-27-08 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD