charge full retail price for a phone? I understand it is my problem if my contract is not up and I want to switch phones, but is it necessary to charge $510 for a phone? I have been a loyal customer who has never even made a late payment in the entire 6 years that I have been a customer. Do you guys know if there is anyway around paying $510? Do you think they would offer me some kind of deal or coupon if I expressed my concern?
    07-14-10 09:08 PM
    If you can figure out a way to get a new phone at contract price without extending your contract, please let me know. They make up the difference between what they pay for it and what they sell it for in the service price.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-15-10 at 08:22 AM.
    07-14-10 09:13 PM
    charge full retail price for a phone? I understand it is my problem if my contract is not up and I want to switch phones, but is it necessary to charge $510 for a phone? I have been a loyal customer who has never even made a late payment in the entire 6 years that I have been a customer. Do you guys know if there is anyway around paying $510? Do you think they would offer me some kind of deal or coupon if I expressed my concern?
    Expressed your concern about what?

About the fact that the contract you entered into has not be fulfilled yet?
    07-14-10 09:28 PM
    Expressed your concern about what?

About the fact that the contract you entered into has not be fulfilled yet?
    Ditto!

10 char
    07-14-10 10:18 PM
    Try eBay or craigslist.

Depending on how far you are into your contract. Sometimes Verizon will bump you up a week or two. If you have an expensive enough plan, you could qualify for an annual upgrade.

Your last option is to buy a certified like new device. You can buy one once a year. They have several models like the Curve 2 is 139.99. My friend got this one and it looks brand new. I think they have the Motorola Droid for 250 or something close to that. No Incredible and no super new phones for obvious reasons. It does not extend your contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by markhunsaker; 07-14-10 at 10:28 PM.
    07-14-10 10:24 PM
    You just finished saying in the other thread, how you wanted a new phone over a refurbished phone and now you're to cheap to pay for it?

07-14-10 10:26 PM
    You just finished saying in the other thread, how you wanted a new phone over a refurbished phone and now you're to cheap to pay for it?

Agreed. New phones cost a lot of money since you're not done with your contract. If you want a discounted price, buy out of your current contract. You will lose your number.

Oh you can always add a line.

07-14-10 10:29 PM
    Different VZW stores make different deals, so does On Line. A lot would depend on how much you pay monthly, and if you have any trail of contacts and dissatisfaction with your device. Also if your device has been problematic for them, i.e Tour 9630

When I got my storm i wanted to get my wife and I on a family plan, get the BOGO on 2 storms, and get an early upgrade on 1 of the lines (About 3 months). 2 Stores said no dice, but 1 we know is more likely to deal, did it. They just made us by accessories which we needed anyway.

All that being said if you have like a year left your prolly SOL and need to be looking at e-bay and what not.
    07-14-10 10:35 PM
    What I would do is add a line, transfer the new phone to my line, the activate a dumb phone on the added line. It'll cost an extra 240 over the 2 years, but even that way its still cheaper then the $500 for a new phone.

07-14-10 11:34 PM
    Well not if the device was 200. Yeah you pay over time but still.

If I was in your spot I would buy the device you want and sell your current phone on eBay or even here. Let's say the new phone is 500 and you're able to get 300 for your old. Boom, the new phone, without extended your contract, only cost you 200.

07-14-10 11:42 PM
    If you buy a $200 phone, and add a line it will cost the amount of the device. $200 plus the 999/mo for 24 months. It would be a total of 440. Which is still less then 500. And you get to finance the 240 over 24months.

07-15-10 06:46 AM
    I had to get a phone once at full retail because I did not have insurance on the phone. After I explained to 611 what happened and that I needed a new phone, they offered me 25% off of the full retail price. I did not ask for it, they just offered. This was a few years ago, have no clue why she did it. Call them and see what they have to offer. Worse they will say is sorry for your luck $510 please.
    07-19-10 09:42 AM
    eBay! I do it all the time. Make sure you go with a trusted seller that has good feedback. Too many bad ESN and stolen phones on the market and they wont activate those. This will not extend your current contract. They don't like but too bad!
    07-19-10 12:09 PM
    They don't like but too bad!
    What does this mean? Who "don't like"?
    07-19-10 12:18 PM
    Different VZW stores make different deals, so does On Line. A lot would depend on how much you pay monthly, and if you have any trail of contacts and dissatisfaction with your device. Also if your device has been problematic for them, i.e Tour 9630

When I got my storm i wanted to get my wife and I on a family plan, get the BOGO on 2 storms, and get an early upgrade on 1 of the lines (About 3 months). 2 Stores said no dice, but 1 we know is more likely to deal, did it. They just made us by accessories which we needed anyway.

All that being said if you have like a year left your prolly SOL and need to be looking at e-bay and what not.
    Maybe the scrub indirect agents do that. Corporate locations dont change the price on full retail. Why would we discount something that hurts us?
    07-19-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD