11-04-09 05:35 PM
32 12
tools
    As the title asks, i am thinking of leaving nextel after more than 10 years of being a customer, I want to try a Storm2 but want to know if verizon has a plan similar to Sprints simply everything?

Thanks, Ben
    10-29-09 10:23 PM
    Short answer no. They also charge an additional 30 a month for a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:25 PM
    No, VZW has great service but their plans are mediocre. IMO
    10-29-09 10:27 PM
    Nutz, i REALLY want to try a Storm2. Maybe Ill try a Tour instead. Too bad VZW doesnt have an "everything" plan.
    10-29-09 10:33 PM
    Nationwide e-mail and messaging plan. 450 minutes is 99.99 900 minutes is 119.99 1350 mins 129.99 and unlimited is 149.99 this plan includes unlimited text pix and video and also Blackberry BIS and Enterprise service.

10-29-09 10:45 PM
    As stated above there is Unlimited plans, just not the same price.
    10-29-09 11:11 PM
    Hum i have 450 min plus data plan plus 500 messages ( unlimited to other vzw customers ) and thsi costs me 87 bucks a month
    10-30-09 10:19 PM
    VZW has everything I need
    10-30-09 10:41 PM
    Also, do you talk more than 2000 minutes a month? If not, you don't need an unlimited minute plan.
    10-31-09 12:20 AM
    i cant believe that with a BB data plan and unlimited texting that we cant get not even the slightest of discounts.... u know, like free navigator or somethin! Thats the only real part of the vz plans that I hate. Premium plans should get incrimental discounts to encourage people to upgrade to them... duh!
    11-02-09 09:25 AM
    Nationwide e-mail and messaging plan. 450 minutes is 99.99 900 minutes is 119.99 1350 mins 129.99 and unlimited is 149.99 this plan includes unlimited text pix and video and also Blackberry BIS and Enterprise service.
    But things like TV, VZNav & VVM are still all extra.

I am not arguing the value of VZW, but there is nothing comparable, price or feature-wise, that compares with SimplyEverything in smartphones. Regular phones have the Premium package, but at a higher cost.

2000 minutes or unlimited - that part doesn't matter, as some folks like the idea of never going over, even if all they use is 500 minutes. I would bet a sizable number of Sprint customers use less than 700 minutes - but choose the Everything plan anyway.

I am with RM on this one - why doesn't VZW offer some sort of bundled Premium plan for smartphones? I know no one here can definitively answer that, but it is a valid question.

11-02-09 12:09 PM
    Verizon does have better overall coverage, but Sprint has some damn good coverage too, idk, if I were you, stick with Sprint, they are much cheaper that Verizon

11-02-09 12:19 PM
    twins,
    I thought the premium plan bundled it up the way we're talking about. Last I remember, they listed VZ Nav to be free to use with this plan. Then on the BB side of things, VZ nav was not included and needs to be added separately. hmmmm?
    11-02-09 01:22 PM
    stick with Sprint and just get a Tour
    11-02-09 01:40 PM
    twins,
    I thought the premium plan bundled it up the way we're talking about. Last I remember, they listed VZ Nav to be free to use with this plan. Then on the BB side of things, VZ nav was not included and needs to be added separately. hmmmm?
    The Premium plan does include everything except TV & I think VVM - but with different price levels based on minutes. Unfortunately, it isn't available on smartphones.

Premium includes unlimited text, data & VZNav.

11-02-09 02:03 PM

I am with RM on this one - why doesn't VZW offer some sort of bundled Premium plan for smartphones? I know no one here can definitively answer that, but it is a valid question.

I dont't know either for sure but I dont think its hurting them to not have a plan like that. Notice the shift to getting all these smart phones out? My opinion is the iphone is hurting VZW lots more then Sprint and there cheap plans. Att and their plans an phones are what VZW really watches. Just speculation

11-02-09 02:25 PM
    ohh you are talking about the simply pay for everything you want plan...yea they have that. pick what you want and its your perfect simply everything plan! bahahha.
    11-02-09 02:34 PM
    ohh you are talking about the simply pay for everything you want plan...yea they have that. pick what you want and its your perfect simply everything plan! bahahha.
    Then you pay twice as much as Sprint charges.

But what do you care? Everyone here knows that thinkamp is simply everything already.
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 11-04-09 at 11:19 AM.
    11-02-09 06:02 PM
    Actually, that question gets asked a lot internally. My guess is we may eventually see something like this.
    11-02-09 08:19 PM
    It really should be an option - but I suspect they don't want to do it because of discounting - you know, the employer 10-20%ers.

Something I think Sprint discovered years ago is that the $99 Simply Everything plan isn't a price reduction. Rather, it ia a lure for people who don't pay attention. For every 2000 minute user on it, there are probably two to four who would be covered with a $69 plan, but chose the $99 one just in case. For a lot of people, it is insurance for overage charges. The "I can afford an extra $30/month, but I'd die if I got a $200 bill every December when I call everyone" type.

The math doesn't compute there, but too many people are deficient in the area of finances & costs. The number of people paying Asurion each month proves that.
    11-02-09 08:33 PM
    haha, its called the simply screwed plan lol

but I guess the trade off is, I aint sayin "can u hear me now???"
    11-02-09 08:50 PM
    You WISH you were on that plan with thinkamp.
    11-02-09 09:18 PM
    nahhhhh, I only share my cell plan with budda
    11-02-09 09:20 PM
    What side do you budda?

11-02-09 09:24 PM
    last time i checked verizon had some phone that were "premium pricing" capable which meant you pay one price for all the features of that phone.
    11-03-09 09:44 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD